PDA

View Full Version : Harder to be in Activ Duty

dumbo13
08-25-11, 05:49 PM
Hello everyone, My name is Raul Duron and I am 18 years old and would like to join the Marines. I always loved the military and always thought of the Marin Corps as my favorite branch have spoken to a recruiter, already went to MEPS, and took my ASVAB. I receive a score of 93 and been cleared by MEPS as ok. I will sign on the dotted line during the beginning of September and will become an official poolee. I am going for a Job in the 02xx field. Only problem is the I really want to be in Active Duty, and I just received a call from my recruiter that it is increasingly harder to get in Active Duty. He told me about being a reserve but I really want Active Duty. Any advice? and do i have a better chance on being Active Duty since my high ASVAB score? I have no tattoos or medical problems, only thing is my drug use but it was only once and I am clean and done with that. So can you guys help me?

Lisa 23
08-25-11, 06:53 PM
If active duty is what YOU want, then wait for it. Don't go reserves if you don't want to.

And it's Marines, not guys.

dumbo13
08-26-11, 12:42 AM
Thank you, and thank you for your service.

doc h fmf
08-26-11, 06:43 AM
Dumbo How About Filling Out Your Profile So We Know Who We Are Talking To

MOS4429
08-26-11, 10:42 AM
Hello everyone, My name is Raul Duron and I am 18 years old and would like to join the Marines. I always loved the military and always thought of the Marin Corps as my favorite branch have spoken to a recruiter, already went to MEPS, and took my ASVAB. I receive a score of 93 and been cleared by MEPS as ok. I will sign on the dotted line during the beginning of September and will become an official poolee. I am going for a Job in the 02xx field. Only problem is the I really want to be in Active Duty, and I just received a call from my recruiter that it is increasingly harder to get in Active Duty. He told me about being a reserve but I really want Active Duty. Any advice? and do i have a better chance on being Active Duty since my high ASVAB score? I have no tattoos or medical problems, only thing is my drug use but it was only once and I am clean and done with that. So can you guys help me?

Do you want to be a Marine or a weekend warrior (no offense to reserves) but that's the bottom line.

You present nothing that indicates you would have any difficulty getting in the Marine Corps. Stick to your guns. You want to go active, make it clear you are willing to do what it takes, you'll wait, but that's what you want to do.

MOS4429
08-26-11, 10:43 AM
P.S. Get your profile filled out!

Blutic
08-26-11, 05:37 PM
Don't believe a recuiter that says you can join as a reservist and then go active later. Technically true, but highly unlikely. Tell your recuiter to call you when an active slot opens.

Phantom Blooper
08-26-11, 09:03 PM
Don't believe a recuiter that says you can join as a reservist and then go active later. Technically true, but highly unlikely. Tell your recuiter to call you when an active slot opens.

If you want active bad enough keep going to see him face to face instead of calling.....

Your motto in my opine should be.....

Give me what I want and I'll go away!.....Otherwise I we be here every week...asking the same question!

Hopefully to boot camp for training..MCT...school and the active fleet!

Good luck!