PDA

View Full Version : Barndog donates his hair to the Cancer Society.

Shaffer
08-23-02, 07:52 PM
And a lot of hair it was...See for yourself:
http://www.usmc0311.com/AFR_Lansing.asp

Outstanding Job Marine!

Semper Fi,
Jerry

USMC0311
08-24-02, 03:45 PM
The pictures at the site are half what went on. Barndog and the guys did trays of shots Toasting the Corps. Barndog might have some pictures of that. If so we will get the link up-dated.
Motivated Marines.. Gung Ho! muthers.. OOH RAH Semper Fi,

Barndog
08-24-02, 04:28 PM
Yes, I was only following a DIRECT ORDER from 1StSGT Lehfeldt (note spelling correction - as it was incorrectly spelled) - as when the 1stSGT sits at the big round table and yells - "MARINES........... SEATS" .... closely followed by $20's and $10's. until every Marine is SEATED - it's time for shots and toasts.
Sgt Mather and I, upon further discussion - after speaking with the 1stSgt, figured we had $300 on the table. I vaguely remember Gentleman Jack, Tequila, and Jim Beam. 3 trays full.
I also remember the 1stSgt and I being the LAST MARINES seated, and drinking the remains.

As I would expect each and every one of YOU to do the same.

Semper FI

Barndog

p.s. - ya know - and I want to make this perfectly f**g clear:

I fully understand alot of you have done alot more than I ever thought of in my Marine Corps, by choice or not.
Regardless of the circumstances, we are all still Marines. In my own personal way, i did this for me. But in the larger frame, I did it because the Marine Corps that is in my soul needed to come back out without being held back. It came out - in a way that utilized a tradition we pass on - Leadership By Example. I was the 3rd senior Marine there - Ken, my Korean bro I speak frequently and highly of, Joe T (0311), then, myself. Every single Marine outside of the 3 of us, were enlisted or otherwise after our tours had been served.
Each and every single one of those Marines gave us that Honor.

Pass it on every chance you get, brothers and sisters.

LadyLeatherneck
08-26-02, 06:09 PM
Outstanding Barndog. Did it feel totally weird not having <br />
any more hair? That's a great gesture you did Hardcharger! <br />
<br />
Semper Fi

Barndog
08-26-02, 06:20 PM
No, it didn't feel weird whatsoever. In fact, it felt like I should kept it for the whole time, now that T've had some time to reflect on it a little more.
Without the mane of hair, now back with the high and tight (which I fully intend to keep) - came the attitude with it. Saturday in Circuit City parking lot, waiting for a tow truck for one of my guy's van ( he was working) a young lady came over and asked directions. I pointed with the extended hand, thumb along the index finger, using "ma'am" frequently. I didn't even think about it. That's how natural it is.