PDA

View Full Version : VEERP and legal help

MarineCpl88
08-24-11, 05:07 PM
Ok, I have a few questions about VEERP. I have been dealing with trying to do VEERP for the past month and a half and it keeps getting sent back, for small reasons. It never made it out of Battalion until just recently. Now as far as I know, HQMC is pushing this program hard so they can get guys out and save money. I believe if division or HQ knew how many times lower echelon (BN and Regiment) was sending this back, they wouldnt be very happy. I am trying to line up my job and college but its impossible because this keeps getting sent back and i dont know exactly when i will be out of the Marine Corps. So, my plan is to possibly request mast next time it gets sent back, if it does. Im not real savvy on request mast though, so my questions are...1. Is HQMC the only ones that can deny VEERP? 2. Can I request mast all the way to the division level? 3. If I request mast to the division level and explain this situation that lower echelon keeps denying for small reasons, do I have a good chance of "winning my argument". Any info you give is much appreciated. Thanks for your time.

spotts
08-24-11, 05:13 PM
What sort of small reasons is the package being sent back for?

MarineCpl88
08-24-11, 05:17 PM
Letter head being 1 space to low/too high...3 spaces being between the colon in "To:" and the "B" in Battalion instead of 2 spaces. Everytime it is just "typo" errors...too many spaces, too little spaces, but no grammar or spelling errors. it just seems like every one has different standards and arent on the same sheet of music. One person will say its good, then the next will send it back. Then we fix it and it goes to step one and now they say its no good, then we fix it and it makes it to step 3 and they say no good. I think it may finally be good this time, but just in case its on, i want to be more knowedgable on the subject incase i have to take further actions.

jlgarciajr
11-08-12, 03:42 PM
I am having the same problem. I originally submitted my VEERP package back in August and after getting it back multiple times for small "errors", I finally had enough and had our SgtMaj call MHG and raise some hell. It finally went all the way up to HQMC. The problem I'm having now is getting a timely response from them. All I keep getting told is that when it is finally approved, It will reflect the change in MOL. MOL is updated a day late. I spoke with my IPAC and they said my S-1 will input the change. WTF?

I originally requested an exit date of November 1st...um..yeah past that. I was told in an email from my S-1 that November 20th would be my date. It has not hit MOL and with the 96 coming up, I doubt it will hit in time. FML.