PDA

View Full Version : Double Rations

HoPC
08-23-11, 04:05 PM
Hello Marines, poolees, and members. I some questions regarding Recruit Training.
* If you're a double rat recruit, will the DIs allow you to have double the time to finish your meal?
* If you have a hard time understanding the DIs' commands, what should you do? I've been watching some videos on YouTube and I could understand about half of what they're yelling at recruits, the other half of the time is like... I just really don't know what they're telling me to do. If I'd just say "Yes, Sir!" when a DI asks me something that I don't understand, will I get IT'ed badly?
* If, let's say, you have an emergency, especially #2, do you yell out to the DI nearest to you that you need to make a head call before you crap your pants out?

Thank you for your time.

93Reaper
08-23-11, 04:51 PM
I think I'll be a double rations person and i doubt we will get extra time. We might be in the front of the chow line so we get the most out of the 20mins we get I'm hoping.

Lisa 23
08-23-11, 06:25 PM
Since most Marines can't post in the poolee forum, you may want to PM Sgt Leprechaun and ask him to move this to the Ask A Marine forum......double posting isn't allowed.

Hello Marines, poolees, and members. I some questions regarding Recruit Training.
* If you're a double rat recruit, will the DIs allow you to have double the time to finish your meal?
No....you'll learn to eat very quick.
You'll also learn very quick that "everything" you do is on a time schedule, including eating at the chow hall.
* If you have a hard time understanding the DIs' commands, what should you do?
You'll learn very quickly what commands your Drill Instructors are telling you. I've been watching some videos on YouTube and I could understand about half of what they're yelling at recruits, the other half of the time is like... I just really don't know what they're telling me to do. If I'd just say "Yes, Sir!" when a DI asks me something that I don't understand, will I get IT'ed badly?
Probably
* If, let's say, you have an emergency, especially #2, do you yell out to the DI nearest to you that you need to make a head call before you crap your pants out?
Don't yell out to the nearest Drill Instructor. You go up to your Drill Instructor and ask to make a head call.

Thank you for your time.