PDA

View Full Version : Question about duty qualification

CBRN5711Tech
08-21-11, 06:25 PM
Is there any Marine Corps order out there that says a Marine on pain killers cannot stand duty? I ask because I have a friend on meds who dozed off on a 24 hour post. I have been searching around for a bit without any luck. Thank you.

DIMAS86
08-21-11, 08:10 PM
Boogity Boogity. I'm glad you brought this up, gives me something to research. He's deffinetly got a case if they're pushing for an NJP. I hope to have some info back to ya. Is he looking at a page 11 or anything right now?

DIMAS86
08-21-11, 08:14 PM
Lemme pull the reigns on this one and ask a question first; Were these pain pills prescribed?

Old Marine
08-21-11, 08:24 PM
The Sea Lawyers will come out of the woodwork now.

Sgt Leprechaun
08-22-11, 11:16 AM
Still....IF they were prescribed.....and then he was on duty....fell asleep, and he's getting punitive action, I think he's probably got a case.....or at least, an affirmative defense.

Zulu 36
08-22-11, 04:17 PM
Still....IF they were prescribed.....and then he was on duty....fell asleep, and he's getting punitive action, I think he's probably got a case.....or at least, an affirmative defense.

He needs to go talk to a JAG about this.

I was on duty AND armed while taking prescription pain meds for a dental matter. I was told if I didn't have a no duty chit, to get to work. But that was in 1975 too and I didn't fall asleep.