PDA

View Full Version : Need Help. Question about an Extension

Martin513
08-20-11, 03:31 PM
Not to sure what section to post this in so I'll just put it here in general. I'm in need of some help and or knowledge from you older "Salt Dogs".

So in January I signed a 5 month voluntary extension to deploy out here to Afghanistan with 2nd Marine Division. It moved my EAS date from Jan 23 to Jun 23 of 2012. Well with all the cut backs over here they are deciding to send my unit home early.

My question is this. Is there anyway I could possibly get out of my extension? On my extension papers its specifically say "To Deploy with MCC 122"

Kegler300
08-20-11, 03:36 PM
If you haven't executed the extension, which was specifically for that purpose, that extension can be voided.

Martin513
08-20-11, 03:46 PM
Executed the extension would mean passed over my original EAS and into the extension time frame? Or signed and submitted the extension, been approved and have a my new EAS date?

Phantom Blooper
08-20-11, 04:01 PM
Signed the extension and approved.....once signed you are committed for the extension.

Kegler300
08-20-11, 04:07 PM
According to the MILPERSMAN, an non-operative extension can be cancelled before it becomes operative. See your career planner or your S-1.

Martin513
08-20-11, 04:15 PM
See I've heard muliple answers for this question. One is that since I've already signed that I am commited. Which I would completely understand. But then I've also heard to that by coming home early, and still not being in my extension window IE(Jan 24th-Jun 23rd) that I can cancel the extension.

The only reason I'm posting this on here is because I'm in Afghanistan now. I don't have access to a career planner or monitor until I return to Leatherneck. So any help is greatly appreciated.

Kegler300
08-20-11, 04:17 PM
If your extension becomes effective before you leave Afghanistan, you are committed to the extension.

Martin513
08-20-11, 04:24 PM
Roger that. Thank you for your help Master Guns.