PDA

View Full Version : Decisions...Decisons...

NeverQuit
08-17-11, 10:25 PM
How many posts start out like this....Well I got out a little over a year ago because my dumbass waited too long to make a decision on reenlisting. Anyways I have been thinking would it be too strange to enlist in the Navy as a Corpsman, I would obviously go Green side, and I guess I am just looking for opinions. My wife is completely behind me which is incredibly unusual. Would it seem like I was just a quitter in the Marines so I had to go elsewhere?

DanM
08-17-11, 11:19 PM
How many posts start out like this....Well I got out a little over a year ago because my dumbass waited too long to make a decision on reenlisting. Anyways I have been thinking would it be too strange to enlist in the Navy as a Corpsman, I would obviously go Green side, and I guess I am just looking for opinions. My wife is completely behind me which is incredibly unusual. Would it seem like I was just a quitter in the Marines so I had to go elsewhere?

You don't have the choice of going "green side" unless you sign a reserve contract with FMTB guarenteed.Most HM's could go "green side" sometime during their career,but there are no promises.

doc h fmf
08-17-11, 11:39 PM
You Could During The 80s There Were Alot Of Marines That Joined The Navy And Became Corpsmen But Like Dan Said Unless You Get A Guarentee Contract Saying You Are Going To Feild Med School Then You Might Have To Wait. For Instance I Didnt Become A Marine Doc Until Almost The End Of My Enlistment. I Went To Naval Hospitol Camp Lejuene And Naval Hospitol Roosevelt Roads P.r. Then I Went To Field Med School Camp Lejuene Then I Extended A Year So I Could Do The Med Floatthen Nov 1986 I Reenlisted 4 Yearsspent 3more Years With The Grunts Then I Worked At Soi And Mct Was Extended For Desert Storm Then Called It Quits In Feb Of 1992 So Goodluck In What Ever You Decide,

Semper Fi Even As A Corpsman We Live By That Motto

Stephen Doc Hansen Hm3 Fmf

Riven37
08-18-11, 04:41 AM
You are looking for our opinions, then you should stay where you are. Make up your own mind, be decisive, concise on your own thoughts.

NeverQuit
08-18-11, 08:46 AM
You are looking for our opinions, then you should stay where you are. Make up your own mind, be decisive, concise on your own thoughts.

Thank you all for the input and you are right I should make up my own mind. This isn't something I would do for lack of options or to just be in the military. Yes, I lost my chance at continued service in the Marines because I thought I was too far behind everyone else to catch up, and I have had several surgeries in the last 2 years. But it was my hesitance to make the decision that put me back as a civilian.

I like the idea of being a Corpsman, I have kept in contact with some of the Corpsman that I served with, and have been told that they had the option to go green granted that was four years ago.

Anyways Thank You all I can see what I need to do and there is a lot to think about when it involves my family too.