PDA

View Full Version : What To Bring To MEPS

Sadeghian
08-17-11, 02:53 PM
Just a quick question... Do I bring an extra change of clothes and toiletries since I'll be spending the night at the hotel? or no?

I will be going to MEPS this sunday to ship to MCRD SD if that helps

iamspartacus
08-17-11, 03:08 PM
You can bring anything you want. Just remember once you get to the yellow foot prints the drill instructors can throw anything they want across the room. I'd suggest wearing the cloths on your back for two days. don't worry about showing up with stinky breath cause you didn't bring a toothbrush to brush your teeth either. It might even keep the drill instructors out of your face! Good luck!

Sadeghian
08-17-11, 03:10 PM
aye aye Sgt.

Phantom Blooper
08-17-11, 03:13 PM
Don't bring $400.00 .....with you.:banana:

The clothes on your back....a few disposable health and comfort items.....

and the few things suggested in the sticky thread.....address book....relgious item/small Bible ect.

Because everything you bring will either be packed up or shiat canned except for a few items on that list.

Good luck to you and hope you come back a Marine!

Sadeghian
08-17-11, 03:21 PM
Aye Aye SSgt, I already knew about the;
- SS card
- Picture ID
- No more than $20
- My recruiter info and packet
- Clothes on my back
- Anything else mentioned in the tin can thing...

This was just a question about MEPS since I'll be spending the night.
On a side note, my ship date is 20110822, my SSgt told me I'll be in SD sunday night, but he has also told me I'll be leaving my house sunday night, so I'm very confused about this, I have asked about 4 times for clarification but he has said the same thing over and over again, can anyone clarify this for me?

Lisa 23
08-17-11, 03:30 PM
You'll be spending the night in the hotel, then go to MEPS again in the morning going over paper work and whatnot.........then you'll finally be on your journey to MCRD.

Best of luck to you!

Ray Harvey
08-17-11, 05:40 PM
I wouldnt take anything, if the DI's are still the way they use to be, it will be in the trash within minutes.

CajunPOG
08-17-11, 09:04 PM
They absolutely are, GySgt. There was one guy in my receiving platoon that had his phone smashed within 5 minutes of getting off the bus. I strongly recommend not bringing anything with you. I brought $20, my ID and my SS card. You won't see your personal effects again until right before you graduate. Anything you need your family can bring on family day.

Tennessee Top
08-18-11, 11:54 AM
There will be the usual hotel toiletries (soap, shampoo, etc) at the MEPS hotel. Take a good long shower before leaving your hotel as it may be the last one you get in a few days and after that, they will be "Navy showers".

No extra gear/money. Everything you need will be provided. You will only be in your civies a couple days.

IMPORTANT ADVICE: from the time you leave your house, you MUST ensure your gear is secured at all times. Some recruit in your platoon may lose his toothbrush and see yours laying on the sink while you're busy shaving whatever. All the toothbrushes are identical so you wouldn't be able to identify yours in somebody else's shave kit. There is no asking your DI for another one so you will go without till the next cash sales/PX run. Recruits come from all walks of life and some do not respect the property of others (fact of life in the fleet as well unfortunately). This rule applys for the rest of your life...never carry anything you can't afford to lose.

Good luck with your journey.

chulaivet1966
08-18-11, 12:32 PM
"Navy showers"

Haven't heard that in a while.
Yep....no more leisurely body maintenance.
You'll have about 10 nanoseconds to sh!t/shower/shave with 50+ other recruits.;)

It's like a competition because no one wants to be last out of that door if the DI's are waiting for stragglers to harass.
I remember the bloody faces from those that were hasty in shaving.:)
OP....good luck this is your chance to make us and yourself very proud.

Carry on....

Sadeghian
08-18-11, 01:03 PM
ensure your gear is secured at all times.

I've heard about this a lot MSgt, I will do my best to keep my trash squared away at all times. Thanks for the heads up.

wilsontc11
08-18-11, 06:14 PM
Aye Aye SSgt, I already knew about the;
- SS card
- Picture ID
- No more than $20
- My recruiter info and packet
- Clothes on my back
- Anything else mentioned in the tin can thing...

This was just a question about MEPS since I'll be spending the night.
On a side note, my ship date is 20110822, my SSgt told me I'll be in SD sunday night, but he has also told me I'll be leaving my house sunday night, so I'm very confused about this, I have asked about 4 times for clarification but he has said the same thing over and over again, can anyone clarify this for me?

Thats exactly what I brought.

Focus more on learning your general orders / leadership traits / rank structure instead of worrying about what to bring. (You seem to be squared away by the look of your posts.)

But if you learn that **** now if you don't already know it, that is ALOT of pressure off of you when you're there. (You'll know it when they try and stump your ass asking you what your 1st general order is like, the 2nd day you're there, and you will be put in the "squared away" category. You'll still get ****ed with but it wont be as bad. Unless you're rackmates with a recruit stewart who is on light duty 99% of the time and you get ****ed up for him haha.

Good luck man, boot camp is easy. Just keep your mind straight and you'll fly through it. (And it will actually be fun at times)

Sadeghian
08-18-11, 10:25 PM
Aye Aye PFC, And this poolees first general order is to take charge of this post and all government property in view. Hopefully I can get PFC out of RT.

Sgt Ieprechaun
08-18-11, 11:29 PM
Mark your gear, all of it. There are proper ways to mark everything you own, and your D.I.'s will educate you on how to mark your gear. if they don't just ask in the proper way and they will teach you. Never ask your kill hat for anything, ever.

Sadeghian
08-18-11, 11:31 PM
Aye aye Sgt, I'll keep that in mind.

Sgt Ieprechaun
08-18-11, 11:34 PM
Aye aye Sgt, I'll keep that in mind.

Sweet baby Jesus, cut that **** out. You'll get plenty of that **** when you land at MCRD.

Sadeghian
08-18-11, 11:35 PM
HAHAHAHA Aye aye Sgt

Sadeghian
08-18-11, 11:36 PM
Sorry Sgt, my SNCOIC drilled this into our brains a lot, its just a natural response now. :)

Sgt Ieprechaun
08-18-11, 11:40 PM
Sorry Sgt, my SNCOIC drilled this into our brains a lot, its just a natural response now. :)

Bull ****, you are just being a motard.

Sadeghian
08-18-11, 11:40 PM
If you say so sir.