PDA

View Full Version : Out but want to deploy

PhillyLee
08-16-11, 10:13 PM
Ok so I am out now. Next month will be 1 year since my EAS. But I want to deploy again! BAD! I don't want to do another 4 years, just want to deploy. Does anyone have any info on this?

Quinbo
08-16-11, 10:41 PM
I assume you are still in the IRR and IRR's can non contractually drill with the local reserve center. Reservists do get deployed so take it from there.

PhillyLee
08-16-11, 10:53 PM
thanks for the info. Yes i am still in the IRR. I had to go to a muster last weekend and they kinda touched on that. But he told me it could be a long time before a deployment comes around. I'd like to leave tomorrow. HAHA. Has nothing to do with the money, I just like being over there.

lamanognr86
08-16-11, 11:12 PM
Yea right. Then once you get here, your goin to count the days to go home.

PhillyLee
08-16-11, 11:16 PM
actually, when i was on deployment, i tried multiple time to extend, but was rejected. i posted here for info, if your just going to talk ****, don't waste my time

lamanognr86
08-16-11, 11:18 PM
I'm not talking ****. I"m just saying cause i'm in afghan right now and i'm counting the days haha

Tennessee Top
08-17-11, 01:56 AM
I don't get it. You either want to be a Marine or you don't. Since you got out you obviously don't. If you're a Marine, you can't "pick -n-choose" to only do the fun stuff and avoid everything else involved. You know that.

You got what you asked for and now you're dissatisfied with it. Looks like deploying with your reserve unit is your only option.

Thank you for your service and good luck.

lamanognr86
08-17-11, 04:32 AM
Top is right. Its similar to a five year old saying he wants to go to Disneyworld, but doesn't want to wait in line for the rides. Can't have your cake and eat it too.

Phantom Blooper
08-17-11, 06:16 AM
Should have stayed in....grass is always greener over the septic tank.

If you want to deploy go see a recruiter and see about going back in as a reservist....or try another branch....they are deploying all the time.

Carnival Cruise has some pretty good deals this time of year...with a bunch of perks....thats where I want to be.

Good luck!

GT6238
08-17-11, 01:28 PM
Like the Black Afghani?

Marinefelon
08-18-11, 06:37 PM
You can call a PSR and ask for an IMA billet. You actually CAN pick and choose. You find an IMA billet open for your MOS or as an 8014 (any enlisted marine) and your pay grade (the billet can be 1 above or below your current rank)

Orders are typically 6 mos 12 months or 24 months.... I posted a link below

http://www.marines.mil/unit/marforres/MFRHQ/G1/Operations/Sourcing/GlobalBillets.aspx#MFR_Banner

Call a Prior Service Recruiter or your local recruiter can get you in contact with one. If you have special skills like MCIWS, MAI, Coach, hirstmaster sometimes you can get 3 - 14 day per diem based orders to do a range or a swim qual too.

I hope this helps. I did what you are trying to do. I got my authorization to mobilize from HQMC August 1st and should be receiving orders to Lejeune for 12 months here next week.

Marinefelon
08-18-11, 06:41 PM
And according to MOL your a 3531 that should be easy to get orders. Look on the Chart you can fill Lance Corporal through Sergeant billets in these MOS' 3531, 8014, 9916 The latter two are Basic Enlisted Marine any MOS. Dont email the links though they are garbage and never reply find your billet you want and call your PSR

ALSO log into MOL and go to the Resources Tab and click RDOL (Reserve Duty On line) This is another way to find orders..... It has different billets than the website I provided. RDOL has nothing for 3531s at the moment but you can try 9916 and 8014. These sites update whenever with no rhyme or reason so check periodically.

thewookie
08-18-11, 07:00 PM
Go work overseas as a contractor, then you can have your cake and eat it too. And get paid. ;)