PDA

View Full Version : Pension Myth

SSgtRSD
08-16-11, 08:32 PM
Sergeant Major of the Marine Corps Barrett spoke to the 8th Marine Corps District Marines in the DFW region today, in which I was present. The biggest take away I got was that the "major pension re-haul", most popularly advertised by the Marine Corps Times, is NOT HAPPENING. He stated that yes, it was proposed, however rejected by all branches. He further went on to state that nothing regarding this has come across his desk or the Commandant's desk regarding the matter. AKA, not happening. Just thought I would share. Although a good read to combat boredom, The Marine Corps Times is probably a step away from becoming the common grocery store gossip magazine.

FistFu68
08-17-11, 07:57 AM
:beer: :thumbup: :beer:

aplcr0331
08-18-11, 02:01 PM
I served with SgtMaj (then 1stSgt) Barrett in 3/4 from 98-02. Great Marine and an even better person.

Hope he's right about the pension thing.

Sgt Leprechaun
08-19-11, 06:39 PM
Outstanding. Thanks for that up to date scoop.

Quinbo
08-19-11, 07:05 PM
I served with SgtMaj (then 1stSgt) Barrett in 3/4 from 98-02. Great Marine and an even better person.

Hope he's right about the pension thing.

I served with him when he was a gunny at sniper school and you are right he is a stellar Marine!

Komenko
08-19-11, 11:09 PM
might want to think about it again, SgtMAJ Barrett is right with what he said but its not up to the CMC. Got to get past the brass at the Pentagon!

this was released today!

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/08/19/are-military-pensions-too-generous/

Joshjames1234
08-20-11, 02:13 AM
Hmm...hopefully nothing changes!

SSgtRSD
08-20-11, 08:23 AM
Apparently you missed the beginning of the story where it stated that it was a study, no changes are occurring, and none are in motion. Thank you though for posting another fear driven article. The only reason it is written is because it's dramatic and is going to cause fear and through that, readers.