PDA

View Full Version : Just sold my wifes' truck.....

chulaivet1966
08-15-11, 04:01 PM
Here's what we did.

We have (had) two Toyota trucks and decided now that I'm retired we really didn't need two trucks, two to maintain, two to insure, etc.
We kept the 2005 Toyota TRD which is also white.

So, we sold my wife's on Saturday being a:

2003 Toyota SR5 w/bed liner - 49K - immaculate - all service done correctly.
6 Ft. bed - 5 speed - White - no cruise or *power* anything.

We took the path of least resistance and went to the Toyota dealer a few blocks away rather than go through the private owner sale pain.
We got 7.5K and I was happy.
Dealer explained in detail the criteria for it's worth and I concurred but won't bore you further with those specifics.
The truck is only getting older so figured best deal with it now.

So..if any are contemplating the same fun this may be a reference for you.

Wimper....sob...I already miss Baby White but I do pick up the check in about 30 minutes so guess I can get over it.

Carry on.....

MOS4429
08-15-11, 04:12 PM
7.5 from the dealer??? Unheard of.

chulaivet1966
08-15-11, 04:24 PM
7.5 from the dealer??? Unheard of.

Yessir...
For what it's worth 7K was the standard purchase price from the dealer but he added another 500 buckaroos because it was immaculate comparatively speaking.
Had seat covers, floor board mats and dash cover since it was purchased so no wear on the interior and no dents.
The few dings that did exist would easily be touched up when they run it through their system of checks prior to resale.

The transaction was totally painless.

Back to topic....oh sh!t....I started this thread so I can change the path.
Anyone for a margarita in celebration?

Carry on....

rufus1
08-15-11, 04:52 PM
I own two Toyota vehicles and they are tougher that goat guts. Regular upkeep and they will go forever. Love the ground clearance they have in snow and rough areas with stumps.

Apache
08-15-11, 04:56 PM
Good for you- sounds like solid reasoning behind your decision.
I understand your avoiding the selling it yourself pain,went through that once-----

7.5 from a dealer---WOW

chulaivet1966
08-15-11, 04:59 PM
I own two Toyota vehicles and they are tougher that goat guts. Regular upkeep and they will go forever. Love the ground clearance they have in snow and rough areas with stumps.

I agree...a Toy is about as close to bulletproof as a vehicle can be and as you state with recommended maintenance the engine life will easily exceed the 200K mark.
I've only got 38K on my 2005 SR5/TRD so hopefully it will out live me.

During my USGS days my professor had a Toy and we did a sh!tload of earthquake research in the mountains and it was tougher than nails with the beating it took.

Carry on...

micarr57
08-15-11, 08:39 PM
got my 95 toy in 96 190000 miles so far they are a good truck

bpatk
08-15-11, 10:10 PM
Hey look at all the militia in Somolia, Syria, Iraq, etc. It's mst likely a Toyota.... Very often white in color with a 50cal. mounted in the bed. Just an observation!!!!!

Tennessee Top
08-16-11, 02:12 AM
I remember Toyota minivans were real popular in Okinawa. Appeared that was the vehicle of choice for Marines with families there. Also saw a lot of them in Haiti and the road conditions there are horrendous (steep with continous potholes/ditches).

Used Toyotas are expensive so they retain their value well.

phoneman
08-16-11, 07:35 AM
Not just the trucks hold there value. I totaled my wife's 2006 Avalon about 2 weeks ago. I should say it was totaled by the other driver. The insurance company gave paid me $19.5K for the vehicle. Went and bought another new one. Asked the dealer what they would have given me in trade invalue and they said $15K.

chulaivet1966
08-16-11, 09:01 AM
Good for you- sounds like solid reasoning behind your decision.
I understand your avoiding the selling it yourself pain,went through that once----7.5 from a dealer---WOW

Yes....I didn't look forward to haggling with the public.
The dealer purchase worked out better (far less painful) than I expected.

Carry on....

chulaivet1966
08-16-11, 09:09 AM
Hey look at all the militia in Somolia, Syria, Iraq, etc. It's mst likely a Toyota.... Very often white in color with a 50cal. mounted in the bed. Just an observation!!!!!

Oh sh!t...I forgot to mention.
I'd grown quite fond of the .50 mount so I kept it and it installed just fine on our 2005 TRD. (White...:))

Carry on...

awbrown1462
08-16-11, 10:37 AM
I sold my wife and kept the truck LOL

chulaivet1966
08-16-11, 11:28 AM
I sold my wife and kept the truck LOL

:D Novel idea.

My wife (Philippino) is a good catch but she occasionally threatens to trade me in for three 21 year old's
So, amiable me, I went with something we could both agree on which was selling her truck instead.:)

Carry on....