PDA

View Full Version : Sgt Meyer

bpatk
08-15-11, 09:25 AM
Sgt Meyer is in the IRR. My question is what is the uniform of the day? Would it be civ suit, blues/alphas? Just a question of curiosity

Zulu 36
08-15-11, 10:27 AM
Sgt Meyer is in the IRR. My question is what is the uniform of the day? Would it be civ suit, blues/alphas? Just a question of curiosity

What would Sgt Meyer be doing at the time?

bpatk
08-15-11, 11:04 AM
I was questioning what he'd wear at his MOH ceremony in Sept.

ChuckH
08-15-11, 11:12 AM
Most likely his blues.

Tennessee Top
08-15-11, 11:30 AM
I was questioning what he'd wear at his MOH ceremony in Sept.

Why didn't you say it that way then? We are not mind readers. Would have made the answer a lot simpler.

Swampfox
08-15-11, 12:00 PM
Why didn't you say it that way then? We are not mind readers. Would have made the answer a lot simpler.

Well what IS the answer top? Red Marine Corps League coat or dress blues?

bpatk
08-15-11, 12:16 PM
what is protocal since he's NOT on active duty????????

ChuckH
08-15-11, 12:31 PM
He would be able to wear probably anything he wanted... Suit OR his Dress Blues

Tennessee Top
08-15-11, 02:18 PM
Since he is still affiliated with the USMC (IRR), dress blues are appropriate (as long as he can still fit in them and has a regulation haircut). If not, then a civilian suit and tie would suffice. If he is a member of the Marine Corps League, then their red blazer and cover would work.

jaggerace
08-15-11, 02:25 PM
Does it really matter what he wears? He's not active duty no more, a suit and tie will be just fine.

Zulu 36
08-15-11, 02:31 PM
In the past, people who were no longer on active duty (or active reserves) wore a suit and tie.

jaggerace
08-15-11, 03:40 PM
I may not have heard yet, but when's the ceremony?

ChuckH
08-15-11, 03:41 PM
September 15th

Swampfox
08-15-11, 04:21 PM
Does it really matter what he wears? He's not active duty no more, a suit and tie will be just fine.

Nope. It doesn't really matter what he wears. As the op stated he was just curious so he posted the question. Nothing wrong with that. Lighten up dude!

SGTBrentG
08-15-11, 05:28 PM
I think, and I could be wrong, that a MOH recipient can wear his uniform at any time he wants for the rest of his life, provided it is an appropriate occasion and he should still be able to wear it in an acceptable manner (haircut, etc). Seems to me that it would be appropriate to wear his blues to be awarded his MOH if that is what he desired. I think I'm right......but, I have been wrong once or twice before.

bpatk
08-15-11, 09:58 PM
Thanks a bunch guys!!! You know I was just damn curious with the IRR thing. I heard on CBC yesterday that Mr. Meyer is "considering" returning to active duty. I heard someplace else he might do it at...

Mxzero
08-15-11, 10:08 PM
They should be playing it on TV, they did when the two Soldiers got it if I'm not mistaken. If not, it'll be recorded and you can find the video without trouble online afterwards.

ARTYPIG
08-15-11, 11:41 PM
Im my opinion, anyone awarded the Medal of Honor should be able to receive it in his birthday suit if he wants to, though it may not be appropriate. It is not for us to decide nor speculate what he will wear. I just appreciate what he, and many before him and everyone of you have done for our country, our God, our Corps, and most of all each other! Semper Fi Marines!