PDA

View Full Version : open water qual

bpatk
08-13-11, 03:51 PM
I was looking thru a copy of my SRB that was sent to the VA and came across something I've just not much recall on. Did any of you go through the class for Open Water Qual at San Diego? By my records they did it at the Naval Special Warfare school. This is NOT a SEAL training thing, could be I guess...just happens it is conducted there. Graduating class info shows all branches of military as well as civilian rescue. It is 3 weeks long. Seems most was done out in the ocean and some in the surf/ sheltered bay as it list's the conditions. Looks as if it was a bi-anual certification...I have VERY little recall of this. Any help on this???????????

SlingerDun
08-13-11, 04:05 PM
During IBS training in the bay at Coronado -where SEALS train- were you chosen to be a "scout swimmer" where as everyone else paddled around in rubber boats all night long. Anyway it was 1 week not 3

bpatk
08-13-11, 05:49 PM
Noo I'm sure it showed 3wks..... was listed as open water qual. I do wished remember this..... was in '84-'85 winter I think... I need to look at it next chance I get at the VA