PDA

View Full Version : Talking with a recruiter

cbas14
08-12-11, 08:24 AM
Hey Guys and Marines..Im new.

I want to enlist but will require a drug waiver.. Should this be the first thing me and the recruiter talk about? Have you heard of the USMC trying to cut down on their numbers so arent taking any drug waivers? And when do I take the ASVAB if i do get in the DEP? Thanks.

SgtDurbin
08-12-11, 09:00 AM
The drug waiver issue may or may not be a problem. Every Recruiting district has different policies on what they will allow. I assume that you have only experienced with marijuana. If you have done anything else, the chances are slim. As far as the ASVAB; you will take the test during your intial screening/ physical at MEPS. You will not take an oath of enlistment or be enrolled in the delayed entry program without a qualifying score.

cbas14
08-12-11, 09:09 AM
Ok.. if I went to a recruiter today will we start already in the waiver process if the recruiter says he can try to get a waiver? No..I was 17 in the deferred program where my charge got dropped (3...

haebyungdae
08-12-11, 09:14 AM
I would start out by talking about your want to become a Marine and in the process of that bring up your drug history. Make it a bottom line up front type deal that way the recruiter is not blindsided later down the line and you don't waste any of your time in the case that you are for sure DQ'd because of any drug usage.

If I may ask, what drugs? and how many times/frequency of usage? Were you ever arrested for possession? Buying or selling? Attempt of any of those? etc etc.

cbas14
08-12-11, 02:32 PM
I would start out by talking about your want to become a Marine and in the process of that bring up your drug history. Make it a bottom line up front type deal that way the recruiter is not blindsided later down the line and you don't waste any of your time in the case that you are for sure DQ'd because of any drug usage.

If I may ask, what drugs? and how many times/frequency of usage? Were you ever arrested for possession? Buying or selling? Attempt of any of those? etc etc.

Thanks for your reply. I used marijuana on new years once.. Stopped then I bought the small nick around mid february and got caught.. So net even more than 5 but its just that I got caught.. Nope just wanted to try it..

sparkie
08-12-11, 05:38 PM
You pay your nickel,, and you take your chance.

cbas14
08-12-11, 06:36 PM
You pay your nickel,, and you take your chance.

Any other words of wisdom?

Tennessee Top
08-12-11, 09:16 PM
Any other words of wisdom?

Don't do anything stupid like that again.

cbas14
08-12-11, 09:49 PM
Don't do anything stupid like that again.

I won't..I regret it every second.

cbas14
08-13-11, 12:10 PM
BUT, also----- try and put it behind you, the reason is, it's done, regretting it every second really takes a toll on you, over time----I'm sure you're trying to move on and leave it behind, but just be aware that the more you dwell on it as one of life's many regrets, the more it will just eat away at you.

Youre right it does.. Its because I want this so bad. Yea its behind me though..