PDA

View Full Version : Could this be true????

bpatk
08-11-11, 09:34 PM
First off I'm not buying this story. As it was told to me & others at yhe VA. "A Marine GySgt was busted for a "lost" cypher book that was later "found" in the comm center. Yes I do understand he was the SNCOIC so he was responsible for it. He was busted down to Pfc and had just enough time-in-grade to pick up LCpl before he was allowed/forced to retire at 20yrs. If this could be true or if it was the Corps way of making his life & carrer miserable. If this could possibly be true my question would be WHAT THE F*UCKS THE POINT?????? I ask.

jamielang1951
08-11-11, 11:01 PM
I was a 2542 with a Top Secret clearance. I don't know if that story is true or not. My memory is a little weak on this and I'm sure things have changed and most of the things I handled has been declassified or downgraded to confidential.
I had to change the cypher ever so often in a small comm center. The crypto-techs handle it in a large comm center.
It takes a TS to handle the change codes, and not all 2542's have one. If it was left for someone with a less clearance, I can say that's very serious.

Sgt Leprechaun
08-12-11, 12:55 AM
It would totally depend on the time frame. Up until the 1970's, early, it *may* have been possible (if very unlikely).

Thing is, once you make SNCO, you can't lose rank in an Art 15 these days. Gotta be taken in a Courtmartial. That means, almost always, a boot out the door or brig time as well.

I think this one is highly improbable....

MOS4429
08-12-11, 12:00 PM
First off I'm not buying this story. As it was told to me & others at yhe VA. "A Marine GySgt was busted for a "lost" cypher book that was later "found" in the comm center. Yes I do understand he was the SNCOIC so he was responsible for it. He was busted down to Pfc and had just enough time-in-grade to pick up LCpl before he was allowed/forced to retire at 20yrs. If this could be true or if it was the Corps way of making his life & carrer miserable. If this could possibly be true my question would be WHAT THE F*UCKS THE POINT?????? I ask.

Told at the VA...I would think it's a sea story and want proof such as documentation to back it up.

Mxzero
08-12-11, 01:18 PM
Not sure if it's true, but something like this is taken seriously, especially if it's a TS cypher. So I can see it happening. I've seen people get charged harshly for less dealing with classified...

HST
08-12-11, 03:46 PM
My brother had to go to the VA for chemo for 6 weeks, I took him every day and waited in what they called the suite, it was compared to the rest of the place, it was only very scuzzy as opposed to extremely...back on track...I met more force recons, seal , green berets and special ops guys there that who couldn't talk about what they did, than ever existed.......so much for anything you hear the VA

FistFu68
08-12-11, 03:58 PM
:evilgrin: Had a Young Cpl.in Guard Co./ MP/SP/ Brig Chaser/ got busted at Henderson Hall with a ROACH,They made an Example outta Him...A D-D-20Yrs Hard Labor...Went too Portsmith N.H.Then too Leavenworth.I've seen some screwy Chit Happen in Tha Green Machine :scared: :iwo:

bpatk
08-13-11, 02:36 AM
That is whyyyyyyyy I questioned it. I just can't see retire at 20yrs a LCpl. Unless UMC made a point of this dude. I had a TS clearance and know they went cuckoo if it was involved. I know I'm not alone here when I say it makes me chuckle when I need a background check for say a TWIC card. Why make me do it when anyone that had a TS clearance knows that the DoD checks up on you every five years to make sure you aint selling crap to Ivan.Top it off Ivan don't want it or got it so it's a moot point after you've been out 10yrs. By then most Ivan has or can get on a FOIA request.