PDA

View Full Version : Stolen Valor? I think so.

Conch
08-11-11, 03:47 PM
I found this picture of a supposed Vet while browsing around on militaryphotos.net. This guy is a poser for sure. He's even wearing the French Legion of Honor (with the center medallions missing), Canadian Paratrooper's Wings, and even several Soviet medals.

Something quite odd in the picture.

The blazer Crest is a 1st Infantry Divisions 16th Infantry Regiment which landed at Omaha Beach.

Air Assault Wings werent authorized until 1974
His Parachute wings have a Combat Jump Star

So this man would have had to have served between 1944-74 minimum and earned an Air Assault badge at age 47 minimum? As well as made a Combat Parachute jump in either 1950, 1951 or 1967.

Here's the photo (I listed the medals below it):

http://i971.photobucket.com/albums/ae192/JD1986/dday45.jpg

Close up of the mini medals:

http://i971.photobucket.com/albums/ae192/JD1986/dday45mini.jpg

The Soviet Medals are all Commemorative Medals from the Post-WW2 period, commemorating the Great Patriotic War (aka WW2).

from the bottom of the line up:
1945-65 Comm, 1945 - 75 Comm, 1945 - 1985, 1945 -1995 the top two are probably post-Soviet Commemorative.

His Mini Medal rack is very impressive 23 medals in all:

1. U.S. Legion of Merit.

2. U.S. Bronze Star with V device and 3 stars.

3. U.S. Purple Heart with device.

4. U.S. ARMY Good Conduct.

5. U.S. Meritorious Service Medal.

6. U.S. AIR Medal.

7. U.S. European / Africa / Middle East Medal.

8. U.S. ARMY Commendation Medal.

9. U.S. ARMY World War 2 Occupation Medal.

10. U.S. American Campaign Medal.

11. U.S. World War 2 Victory Medal.

12. U.S. Vietnam Service Medal.

13. unknown for the moment, possibly the Korea Defense Medal.

14. U.S. National Defense Service Medal.

15. U.S. Korean Service Medal.

16. U.S. Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal.

17. U.S. WW2 Atlantic War Zone Medal.

18. unknown for the moment, possibly the World War II Victory Medal for the U.S. MERCHANT MARINE.

19. United Nations Korean Service Medal.

21 Vietnam Gallantry Cross.

22. U.S. Vietnam Campaign Medal.

23. R.O.K. Korean War Service Medal.

Just thought you guys might get a kick out of this, especially some of the WW2, Korea, and Vietnam vets.

Semper Fidelis,
-Blake.

Conch
08-11-11, 03:56 PM
I don't know why, but this stuff, far from getting me angry, just cracks me up, like looking at some idiot trying to dress up as George Washington. Just stupid.
There are other threads about posers, one is in the Hooch called Poseur Maximus, Chris started it (Zulu 36) you should take a look at that.
These people can't just put on a few medals and leave it at that, they have to overdo it.
As long as they are not getting any benefits out of their foolishness, I could care less. I would laugh in his face if I were there in person, but how could anyone possibly think that this clown STOLE VALOR from anyone????

We have talked about this elsewhere, that valor cannot be stolen, just the medals can be stolen------see under Uniforms and Insignia, a thread about Stolen Valor----some very good points were made.

These people are sick, bottom line-----cannot be a sane person and put on 200 medals, half of which they can't even name.

Good post, Conch------

Oh, ok. I'll take a look. Lol guess I posted this in the wrong section. But yeah it makes me sick too. I hope he got arrested or something.

Conch
08-11-11, 04:01 PM
Oh, and anyone know what the big medals are around his neck? One looks like it might be Swedish, not sure though. Just curious.

Carpshooter
08-11-11, 04:05 PM
" Trick or Treat " , are words he should get use to saying , as that's what he's dressed for ! :thumbdown

Ed Palmer
08-11-11, 04:12 PM
And he did all of this before he turned 21 thats Twenty one years of age in 1998

maverickmarine
08-11-11, 04:15 PM
LMAO! That's exactly what I was thinking...why just stop at the bronze star?? Hell he's Army and Air Force or Army Air Force why not throw in the Navy Cross and be a Marine too! Yeah, that stuff sometimes upsets me but it goes SOOOOOOOO far out there, it's just hilarious!

Conch
08-11-11, 04:25 PM
I just find it funny he's wearing Soviet medals and a French medal that's missing the central device and has a hole in it. Im surprised too he doesn't have a Medal of Honor, a Victoria Cross, the Order of Lenin, or a Hero of the Soviet Union medal too. Eh, I guess even he thought he had to draw the line somewhere. What a moron.

Carpshooter
08-11-11, 04:33 PM
Wonder if this guy got a big discount , when he purchased all that stuff ! :D

Hope he didn't over do it and max out on his credit cards ! :sick:

Carpshooter
08-11-11, 04:40 PM
" We have little choice but to laugh about this clown " , you know that's a sad statement ! :mad:

I got to control myself with laughter ! :D

Semper Fi :iwo:

maverickmarine
08-11-11, 04:48 PM
Hell, I just recently met another guy that was apparently in Force but his first MOS in the Corps was an Army MOS and then they saw he could shoot so made him a scout sniper...then met a coast guard guy that apparently did training with Force and seals and doesn't think we're **** and the Coast Guard puke can eat Marines for B-fast..the first one I sent on his way, the second....well I demonstrated what us nasty, weak, and worthless Recon Marines can do....LOL!

bpatk
08-11-11, 05:08 PM
Look again at this picture... if and i say, if, as in oh its sooooo far fetched. he would rate a CIB as well as maybe two bronze stars on his NDM. the one under the Canadian Jump wings is a British medal. Pleade refer to a picture or Prince Andrew. If one served from say oh about 1944-1974 some of it is possible or plausible but he done made the leap to absured!!!!

yanacek
08-11-11, 05:14 PM
I think the "Swedish looking" one suspended around his neck is the "Royal Order of the Douche."

Conch
08-11-11, 05:15 PM
It gets to be that a guy with one or two medals he doesn't rate, all right, you get pizzed and rightly so, but then, ironically, when they have sixty or seventy medals, you just say WTF, over? And laugh. How can you get angry at someone who is obviously missing a few screws?

But for me, as I mentioned, I draw the line when they get any benefits at all from this nonsense. Then it loses a lot of its humor quickly.

Conch, good job of IDing all those medals, which, come to think of it, you seem to know a little too much about , plus there's no photo of his face, hmmmmmm....just kidding.

I'll start to worry when all the photo is shown and I see the Key West Intl Airport tower in the background. LOL.

Lol, I wish I could take credit for ID'ing them, but I just copied and pasted the list from the forum I found the photo on lol (sssssh, don't tell nobody). Plus, I don't think I'd look too good in a suit :marine:

bpatk
08-11-11, 05:22 PM
Hey quick side question. Do the Canadians still go to Ft.Benning for junp school or do they do it in Canada? Thought I'd ask since I seem to recall they started a jump school at CFB Sheffield awhile back.

chulaivet1966
08-11-11, 05:30 PM
I think the "Swedish looking" one suspended around his neck is the "Royal Order of the Douche."

Good one...the famous ROD medal.:)
I should have recognized that one.

OMG....the grief and utter humiliation of getting caught at poserdom.
I could not imagine.

Carry on....

Zulu 36
08-11-11, 06:04 PM
Strange birds for certain.

MOS4429
08-11-11, 06:14 PM
The only office hours I ever reported of an officer was a major who adulterated his SRB and gave himself several medals. I do not remember 25 years later what they were, but I remember he did so because promotions were so competitive and he was trying to increase his chances at promotion. The Marine Corps is really not that big, and those who knew him called him out. He became a terminal major.

DanTheMan B
08-11-11, 08:54 PM
Does it count as stolen valor if your wearing Russian medals too? Like stealing the valor of Russian vets. I mean I'm sure there are Russian vets who are extremely proud of what they did too. Bet they wouldn't take too kindly to this guy either.

Anyway, what a moron. Then again maybe he's an actor haha.

Sgt Leprechaun
08-12-11, 12:57 AM
Wish I could see the pics from work.!

Mongoose
08-12-11, 08:46 AM
I don't think the Bronze Star with V gets stars. It gets an oak leaf cluster, for more than one award. I think.

Riven37
08-12-11, 09:12 AM
These type of people do had some type of psychological issues that drives them to do type of behavior. It may even be a envy complex that developed from out of there child upbringing. Anyway you cut it this is wrong. I wish our government would pass a federal law that would not allow (stop) the sales of any high decoration from PH and up to just anyone. The newest thing with some young men is to buy a military (cameo) uniform they buy at any military store. People in the malls think these kids are real, so sad. Kids ware PH, BS etc…because it looks cool. Anyway, its wrong payback is a B**ch !

HST
08-12-11, 03:58 PM
The problem is...the scumbag lawyers and judges who are still scumbag lawyers in black, My friend and fellow Marine Dave excluded, thinfk this kind of sh*t is free speech.

Swampfox
08-12-11, 11:12 PM
I honestly find it hard to believe that ANYBODY would put all those medals on with the intention of having people believe they earned them. My take on this is that this guy just has a really eccentric fashion sense and gets off on the ridiculousness of it all. Just like one of the guitarists from a7x sometimes wears a dress blue blouse when he plays live on stage. Nobody in their right mind is going to believe Zacky Vengance was issued that blouse. People wear strange chit sometimes. Plain and simple.

Quinbo
08-12-11, 11:15 PM
What's the smaller on on the blue ribbon around his neck? Was he also knighted by the queen?

SlingerDun
08-12-11, 11:32 PM
hehehe what a jasper

tripledog
08-12-11, 11:53 PM
LOL what kind of idiot does it take to do what this clown is doing?