PDA

View Full Version : The Marine Corps Hymn

ingersollturok
08-10-11, 12:47 AM
I was playing around with my boys little piano and noticed that you could play the first few notes of the Marine Corps Hymn. I still find myself forced not to stand at attention every time I hear it. That melody will be with me forever. How about you? What does it mean to you when you hear it?

Here is the link to my youtube video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vua0diWM3A)

Quinbo
08-10-11, 02:44 AM
Timing and head space seems to be off. It's Marines hymn. Your product description for the book appears to be written by someone whose first language is not english. The youtube video is lame. You seem to be posting just to pimp your kindle book. Wow a Cpl with 13 years in the Marines.... Nice squared away profile.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZ1e2YgCWs0

ingersollturok
08-10-11, 09:01 AM
Guess you missed the part about being curtious and respectful

ingersollturok
08-10-11, 09:37 AM
You have got to be kidding me. My signature is my book yes so what? Lots o people have links to personal stuff on forums as their signature. As for the piano it's a baby piano with 4 keys! I posted the video just for fun and some
Moto and thought Marines might enjoy it. It's simply for fun. But trolls on forums always try to take away from good things. I wanted this post to e about the Marines Hymn and what it meant to you.

Semper Fi

ingersollturok
08-10-11, 09:54 AM
Thank you Dave.

Carpshooter
08-10-11, 04:50 PM
There were alot of things that my sadist DIs back in '69 taught me , but my Marine service number and the Marine Corps Hymn were the two home runs that they did make through my thick skull ! :iwo:

jamielang1951
08-10-11, 05:03 PM
To this day, I still stand when I hear it, even on TV.

That says it all how I feel about our Hymn.

rufus1
08-10-11, 05:13 PM
Sure sends those little chills up a spine! When you are part of something that great everyone should be proud.

thediesel713
08-10-11, 06:17 PM
I literally get goosebumps every time I hear it.

Rocky C
08-10-11, 06:22 PM
To this day, I still stand when I hear it, even on TV.

That says it all how I feel about our Hymn.

:thumbup::usmc::thumbup: