PDA

View Full Version : Just plain dumb..

FoxtrotOscar
08-09-11, 11:50 AM
What ever happened to common sense...??

A school bus driver on Long Island is fighting to regain his job after being fired last week for being a Good Samaritan, apparently against company policy.

George Daw claimed he was terminated because he helped three Nassau County police detectives during last Monday's hail and rain storm.

"I felt this was something anyone would do under the circumstances," said Daw, 58.
Daw was driving a mini-bus carrying a teenage passenger and a bus matron last Monday as golf ball-size hail and torrential rain pelted New Hyde Park. On Hillside Avenue, Daw came upon on a stalled unmarked police car carrying detectives, according to Detective Lt. Raymond Cote. The car had been filling with water.

"They're saying, you've got to help us, you've got to help us," said Daw. "You've got to get us to the third precinct. We're police officers."

Daw did just that, pushing through the flood waters to pick up the detectives and deliver them to their precinct.

"I felt they were in danger," explained Daw.

Daw's employer, Educational Bus Transport of Copiague, didn't agree.

After Daw filed a report about what happened, he was terminated from his job of nine months.

Company paperwork supplied by Daw showed he was fired in part because he violated policy prohibiting drivers from picking up unscheduled passengers.

"We have policies and procedures in place to ensure the safety of the children we transport," responded the bus company's vice-president, Tim Flood.

"When these policies and procedures are not followed, we will address them in an appropriate manner," Flood continued. "This particular employee was not terminated solely because of the pick-up of unscheduled passengers."
Flood would not elaborate further.

When asked if Daw's actions endangered his passengers, Detective Lt. Cote said,

"No."

"It's sad when we hear his good deed cost him his job," Cote added.

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/School-Bus-Driver-Fired-He-Says-For-Helping-Police-127273043.html?dr

jaggerace
08-09-11, 12:49 PM
So what are you implying?

advanced
08-09-11, 12:57 PM

He's just pointing out some more dumb **** lib policies.

Zulu 36
08-09-11, 01:06 PM
He's just pointing out some more dumb **** lib policies.

Now here is a chance for a union to make a difference. The police union should lean on the bus company to hire the guy back.

hbharrison
08-09-11, 02:16 PM
"This particular employee was not terminated solely because of the pick-up of unscheduled passengers."

Do to this one statment I would say they are trying to find something else to say he did or did not do to cause him to be fired. Having said that it is not correct what this company did in my eyes. I will go with just plan stupid on the part of this company.

Wyoming
08-10-11, 08:23 AM

Sign up and jump right in with a statement like that will really endear you to the crowd.

Who the **** are you??

sscjoe
08-10-11, 09:48 AM
That's the trouble with NY and all the other "right to work states". Employers can
interpret their own policies any way they like and it's not wrongful termination.

Zulu 36
08-10-11, 11:43 AM
That's the trouble with NY and all the other "right to work states". Employers can
interpret their own policies any way they like and it's not wrongful termination.

New York isn't a right to work state. This guy could have been hired as an at-will employee. Personally I think firing him was stupid as all get out.

Rocky C
08-10-11, 01:22 PM
Sign up and jump right in with a statement like that will really endear you to the crowd.

Who the **** are you??

:D:banana::thumbup:

m14ed
08-10-11, 03:44 PM

All Right sweepea, hows about filling out your profile.
you've been a member here for a year already, dont you
think it is time to follow the rules ?

Wood5831
08-13-11, 08:56 AM
Looks to me that they are trying to find another BS excuse to fire him because the real reason wouldn't look good in the public eye and may tarnish the comapny. So yeah let's add some BS to it.

advanced
08-13-11, 10:14 AM
They've hired him back today, the cops jumped them and public pressure. Guy took his job back.

jaggerace
08-14-11, 08:42 PM

Who the **** are you??

I'm just your average joe on the block, dude. Not trying to impress no one, just a simple question my friend.

m14ed
08-15-11, 02:15 AM
I'm just your average joe on the block, dude. Not trying to impress no one, just a simple question my friend.

Empty profile

Who and what are you???

jaggerace
08-15-11, 03:00 AM
I thought I just answered that in my last post. You must be goin senile

m14ed
08-15-11, 03:57 AM
Dude ,,, do you know what a profile is ?
the join date on your ticket says you signed on here a year ago.

Get a hint.
IF you dont know, ask.
one of us will help you.

jaggerace
08-15-11, 04:17 AM
Oh you want details about me? Does it really matter? honestly

advanced
08-15-11, 02:03 PM
Oh you want details about me? Does it really matter? honestly

The profile or lack thereof simply identifies you to us. For instance, you've id'd yourself as a Troll. Now we know, see how it works.

jaggerace
08-15-11, 02:21 PM
Funny how I am classified as a Troll with a capital T. ......

I thought this discussion was about some bus driver being fired for helping out the local police. Any more news bout him?

advanced
08-15-11, 02:23 PM
Funny how I am classified as a Troll with a capital T. ......

I thought this discussion was about some bus driver being fired for helping out the local police. Any more news bout him?

Sorry, we'll make it a lower case "t" for troll

jaggerace
08-15-11, 02:32 PM
Oh I'm not that bad. I just offer a different opinion than the mass here.

Tennessee Top
08-15-11, 02:47 PM
Oh I'm not that bad. I just offer a different opinion than the mass here.

Go back to TL where you came from. Doubt you're a Marine anyway. Marines don't have a problem answering a few basic questions. It's not like we're invading your privacy or wanting to know your darkest secrets.

Keep being disrespectful and ignoring the site rules (which you obviously haven't taken the time to read). When the black helos arrive for your extracation, just follow the instructions given...it will be quick and painless.

Give our regards to everyone over on TL when you get back there.

chulaivet1966
08-15-11, 02:56 PM
and troll hunting.

There should be an MOS for this one?:)

Back to topic....

jaggerace
08-15-11, 03:03 PM
So anymore news about the bus driver?

jaggerace
08-15-11, 03:08 PM
No guilt here bud, just the petty arguments get old real fast....and boring

chulaivet1966
08-15-11, 03:18 PM
It is, it's the Vietnam era one, Wayne, describes the targets, remember MOS 1369? For you young uns, Google will tell you what it is. It was coined during the VN era.
Seriously now, for a moment, THIS is the way to unwind after a full day in the big city.

OMG...I haven't heard that MOS in 45 years.
I guess I really am 64 in spite of my occasional bout of denial.
I've got to get out more.

I'm sure you need the 'unwind' therapy after your day of traveling.

Back to topic....

EDIT: Sheesh...it's a PRIVATE website...I'm painfully aware of why the rules (ie - profile request) exist. If I didn't like the rules I would not participate. My apologies for interjecting some logic.

jaggerace
08-15-11, 03:39 PM
I was going to drop it, but since you continue it, let me say to you right here---if someone is obsessed with our insistance on profiles and also obsessed with the way some of us talk to poolees and wannabes, this obsession with a fracking WEBSITE is unhealthy in the extreme.
You should advise your little buddies to move on, and not stop here, because every time they do, they will be exposed as hatemongers who love to attack, and we will help exterminate them from this site as quickly as they arrive here.

So don't give me this crap about "petty arguments". They're started by the other site landing here and beginning trolling operations, by their own admission.
Hell, anyone can go over there and read about their plans to come here and disrupt and insult and teach us a lesson.

You don't see this site making plans to troll, but you do over there, because they just can't mind their own business.
They have to come here and set things right according to the way they want things to be.
Ain't gonna happen.

You wanted to talk about petty arguments---this is the root cause of all of them. They just cannot stay away from attacking Marines on this site. Fk em.

I see where you're coming from, my friend.

I'm assuming there's some "war of marine websites" goin on here and I'm already on enemy territory. I've got nothin to do with that. I didn't start nothin, nor did I disrespect let alone "attack" anyone here. You're comparing me to others that I never heard of.

But I'll shut up now. Don't wanna cause too big a stir.

jaggerace
08-15-11, 03:42 PM
Oh I know, I didn't feel it was necessary to explain

FoxtrotOscar
08-15-11, 03:50 PM
It is, it's the Vietnam era one, Wayne, describes the targets, remember MOS 1369?

For you young uns, Google will tell you what it is. It was coined during the VN era.

Seriously now, for a moment, THIS is the way to unwind after a full day in the big city.

Mr Dave2571...

Please refrain from desecrating my old MOS...."1369"..:sick::banana: I find it de-humanizing...lol
:banana:

Sgt Leprechaun
08-15-11, 05:50 PM
Until I see a more complete and 'no bs' profile from him, his posts get deleted. After I tire of THAT, then he'll get deleted.

Profile up or shut up. Thems are the rules.

jaggerace
08-15-11, 06:34 PM
I looked the forum rules up and down and saw nothing about a requirement of a profile. If I'm missing something, please point me in the right direction

DanM
08-15-11, 06:52 PM
I looked the forum rules up and down and saw nothing about a requirement of a profile. If I'm missing something, please point me in the right direction

I guess you really didn't look hard enough,or maybe you don't know how to use the "search" function. It really isn't difficult to find and I'll give it to you.

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103170

jaggerace
08-15-11, 07:11 PM
Oh I searched, didn't come up with that

Sgt Leprechaun
08-16-11, 11:03 AM
So, there it is. "Camp cupcake"? Really?

Lets do this.....either complete it like the rules say, or send me a PM explaining who you are, and WHY you feel you don't need, or cannot complete, said, excercise.

There are *some* exceptions made (due to job, security reasons, OPSEC, etc.). But those are up to the mods, not YOU to decide.

Otherwise, quite simply, I'll just ban you as a spammer.

jaggerace
08-16-11, 02:58 PM
Never heard of camp cupcake before? It's a slang term for Al Asad Airbase in Iraq. Don't worry I changed it so you can be happy.

Sgt Leprechaun
08-16-11, 04:11 PM
Outstanding. Now I'm happy.

Wildcatbleyes
08-16-11, 05:17 PM
If you voted for our current president in 2008 to prove you weren't a racist, please vote for someone else in 2012 to prove you'r not an IDIOT

Wildcatbleyes
08-16-11, 05:22 PM
If you voted for our current president in 2008 to prove you weren't a racist, please vote for someone else in 2012 to prove you'r not an IDIOT Like Obama said in his speech: He call veterans, WHINERS. He said he did not care about the veterans and the blood spilled by our guys and ladys. He's only concern for the money.

Wildcatbleyes
08-16-11, 05:24 PM
Its time to make a misson. With or without anybody.

Sgt Leprechaun
08-16-11, 06:53 PM
If you voted for our current president in 2008 to prove you weren't a racist, please vote for someone else in 2012 to prove you'r not an IDIOT

AAAAAAMEEEN

osborned
08-16-11, 07:16 PM
Like Obama said in his speech: He call veterans, WHINERS. He said he did not care about the veterans and the blood spilled by our guys and ladys. He's only concern for the money.

Actually, Obama never said that.
http://scienceblogs.com/authority/2009/08/no_obama_really_did_not_say_th.php

Sgt Leprechaun
08-16-11, 07:33 PM
Interesting. However, I take issue with one segment of the article..I do NOT believe the gummint should be paying for health care for anyone who hasn't put money (Social Security, Medicare) INTO the system. Veterans put blood into the system...so yeah, they EARNED it.

FoxtrotOscar
08-16-11, 08:26 PM
Ding.. Ding.... Ding.... Ding....

Now that Jaggerace has been schooled in the ways of the site, Wildcatbleyes has spoken and Sgt Lep is now "HAPPY".....:

The ORIGINAL thread was about common sense and a bus driver...!!!! :sick::banana: LOL...

m14ed
08-17-11, 03:05 AM
Very true indeed.
I'll post a NO INFO ON PROFILE notice when I see a Poster with an empty one.
Unless I think the question is time serious, I dont reply.

Sgt Leprechaun
08-17-11, 11:05 AM
Another point for de-railment....

Wildcatbleyes
09-13-11, 09:24 AM
[quote=Wildcatbleyes;799112]Like Obama said in his speech: He call veterans, WHINERS. " Look, it's an all volunteer force, Obama complained.
"Nobody made these guys go to war. They had to have known and accepted the risks. Now they whine about bearing the costs of their choice? It's doesn't compute.."" I thought these were people who were proud to sacrifice for their country, Obama continued " I wasn't asking for blood, just money. With the country facing the worst financial crisis in its history, I'd have thought that the patriot thing to do would be to try to help reduce the nations deficit.. I guess I underestimated the selfisnness of some of my follow Americans.

See, they pour agent orange chemicals from transporter, on the troops. In "67" my cousin said they brush it off themselfs. Bush jr. used delepeted uranium on our troops now. Tank busters has D.U. on there tips. but, our government will not pay for there murderus ways on the troops. A marine had to wait 40 years to get his settlement. I'm still fighten to get any help.
Steve USMC

FoxtrotOscar
09-13-11, 09:45 AM
Could be just me... but you need to do a better job of explaining who you are..

Only an E-1, still in service.. claiming AO and you went in in 1973...???
(BTW.. Marine is spelled with a capital "M"...
------------------------------------------------------------------
About Wildcatbleyes <dl class="list_no_decoration profilefield_list"><dt class="shade">Rank</dt><dd>E-1</dd><dt class="shade">Year Entered Marine corps</dt><dd>1973</dd><dt class="shade">Year Exited Marine Corps</dt><dd>Still in Service</dd><dt class="shade">Occupation</dt><dd>Agent Orange retirement</dd><dt class="shade">Favorite Quote</dt><dd>Never truss the government.DENIE-DENIE-Until YOU DIE</dd></dl>

Wildcatbleyes
09-13-11, 09:54 AM
No I'm not in the service. I did not put that on there. But, if you look, our government used AO in Nam, Okinawa, Guam. Again, I got AO from the service. I have being out of the service since 75. I will look and change anything thats not right. Steve USMC

Sgt Leprechaun
09-13-11, 06:22 PM
Steve, welcome aboard! If you need help with your profile please don't hesitate to ask me via PM.

Wildcatbleyes
09-14-11, 05:31 AM
What ever happened to common sense...??

A school bus driver on Long Island is fighting to regain his job after being fired last week for being a Good Samaritan, apparently against company policy.

George Daw claimed he was terminated because he helped three Nassau County police detectives during last Monday's hail and rain storm.

"I felt this was something anyone would do under the circumstances," said Daw, 58.
Daw was driving a mini-bus carrying a teenage passenger and a bus matron last Monday as golf ball-size hail and torrential rain pelted New Hyde Park. On Hillside Avenue, Daw came upon on a stalled unmarked police car carrying detectives, according to Detective Lt. Raymond Cote. The car had been filling with water.

"They're saying, you've got to help us, you've got to help us," said Daw. "You've got to get us to the third precinct. We're police officers."

Daw did just that, pushing through the flood waters to pick up the detectives and deliver them to their precinct.

"I felt they were in danger," explained Daw.

Daw's employer, Educational Bus Transport of Copiague, didn't agree.

After Daw filed a report about what happened, he was terminated from his job of nine months.

Company paperwork supplied by Daw showed he was fired in part because he violated policy prohibiting drivers from picking up unscheduled passengers.

"We have policies and procedures in place to ensure the safety of the children we transport," responded the bus company's vice-president, Tim Flood.

"When these policies and procedures are not followed, we will address them in an appropriate manner," Flood continued. "This particular employee was not terminated solely because of the pick-up of unscheduled passengers."
Flood would not elaborate further.

When asked if Daw's actions endangered his passengers, Detective Lt. Cote said,

"No."

"It's sad when we hear his good deed cost him his job," Cote added.

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/School-Bus-Driver-Fired-He-Says-For-Helping-Police-127273043.html?dr

What if there were a family with sick kids? I would of help as well. This Americans needed help. This man lost his job because of his kindness to other people needing help. What if, the man that fired him was the one in trouble and needed help? He would expect help. What if he drove by, without helping?

doc h fmf
09-14-11, 05:45 AM
I WOULD DEFINATLEY SUE THE SCHOOL DISTRICT , I BET HE WOULD PROBABLY WIN TOO

SEMPER FI

stephen doc hansen hm3 FMF

Wildcatbleyes
09-16-11, 11:27 PM
This way they fired that bus driver, now they can HIRE Illegy MEXICANS. This is jobs Americans will not do.

Wildcatbleyes
09-16-11, 11:43 PM
There was an illegy mexican that killed an american down in Texas. All he did was go back to Mexico. Our Government allowed him to get by with this. They do not get to put in jail. A illegy mexican slap and spit on an american kid. This kid is 13. The illegy mexican is about 40. The police would not arrest him. ENOUGHT IS ENOUGHT. Stand up and send them back. Stop giving our freedom away to illegys. VOTE ON BILL 3347 Immagration Bill.

Steve A veteran with a TRESONESS GOVERNMENT:flag:

Wildcatbleyes
01-19-12, 08:27 AM
Now the VA Hospital in Indianapolis,Indiana is now will not give me medical help. Because, I want a American doctor not an India. It looks like the veterans does not have care anymore. Not unless you kiss there a--. I will not surrander. This is America not India.

advanced
01-19-12, 09:54 AM
Now the VA Hospital in Indianapolis,Indiana is now will not give me medical help. Because, I want a American doctor not an India. It looks like the veterans does not have care anymore. Not unless you kiss there a--. I will not surrander. This is America not India.

The Indians were here first you know.

Mongoose
01-19-12, 10:14 AM
The Indians were here first you know.
I don't think you'll are talking about the same kind of Indians, Russ.

Wildcatbleyes
01-26-12, 03:35 PM
Russ, I'm a american Indian, checokee. I was talking about the towelheads. The vets are fighting overseas. Our tressness goverment is the true terriost. Now Indiana passed a law, thats says that the military or the police can come into your mine home and arrest you for nothing. And put you in an concentration camp. Bush had Chenny build 80 around america. There in Indiana, under the train station in Beech Grove, Indiana under the Am-Trc Station.

ridingcrops
02-02-12, 10:59 AM
I wonder why you think it's a liberal policy? If that's the way things are labeled then desertion and draft dodging during the VietNam era must be conservative policies.

Sgt Leprechaun
02-03-12, 06:06 PM
Man, you've both totally lost ME here.... (Wildcat and 'Crops).