PDA

View Full Version : Recon to Force Recon/MARSOC?

acparks14
08-08-11, 01:03 PM
I understand that I'm looking really far ahead, and that I should start with enlisting in the Marine Corps first. But I need to set goals for myself, I have 2 years to prepare. I'm enlisting in the Marine Corps with a UZ Reconniassance Man contract.

If I were to pass BRC and get placed in a Recon battalion, how hard would it be to obtain 0326 (Parachute/Combat Diver Qualified) assuming that I'm in excellent shape. Would it just be apply for the schools and wait, or would it be more difficult than that?

Would it be harder to go from 0326 to Force Recon or MARSOC (MSOT)? I heard that Force Recon isn't recruiting as much as MARSOC is.

I would be very content with being just a Recon Marine, but I'm always seeking ways to better myself and advance.

Thanks in advance, and thanks to all Marines for your service.

Apache
08-08-11, 03:47 PM
Finish high school
Enjoy your youth
You won't get a second shot at the next two years

acparks14
08-08-11, 03:50 PM
Lol the reason I'm asking about MARSOC and not frat parties is because I have been enjoying my youth (a little too much).:beer:

achilles097
08-08-11, 03:51 PM
Just stay out of trouble.

SNusbaumer
08-09-11, 11:16 AM
First comes 03xx, then 0321, then after some deployments and excelling in Divison Recon and reaching the rank of at least Corporal, you can attend Force selection for 2 days and after psych screening and Company interview and then you can begin working toward 0326. Note, in most cases, the applicants take selection several times before passing. As for MARSOC, they have a separate A&S, etc. Harder? Probably not, but different. However, for both you need to first establish a record of success.

MARSOC is signifantly larger than FR so more slots open. BTW, something interesting, and they are recruiting heavy, is MSOSG. With their new training, their jobs have become very interesting, can be even more interesting than operators' work.

thewookie
08-09-11, 12:24 PM
I understand that I'm assuming that I'll get through bootcamp, but

Fixed it for ya.

Good luck

acparks14
08-10-11, 01:18 AM
Oh because Boot Camp is so hard. **sarcasm**

Quinbo
08-10-11, 03:41 PM
Oh because Boot Camp is so hard. **sarcasm**
You could repeatedly go unk on the rifle range.
You could repeatedly go unk in the swimming pool.
You could get a dear john letter and attempt to off yourself by guzzling a bottle of whisk.
You could seriously and permanately damage yourself beyond repair during training.
You could pop on the whiz quiz.

Boot camp itself is not a task beyond your ability to complete but not everyone makes it through.

fiudgha
08-10-11, 09:06 PM
Here's great! I like! Recommended! (http://bit.ly/qK4tjl) I hope you like!

Sgt Leprechaun
08-10-11, 11:08 PM
Lose the attitude, sport. Until you've done it, you don't have the first frakkin CLUE about it.

And noted 'tough guy', world heavyweight champ by the name of Riddick Bowe thought that too....and washed out by week 3.

Conch
08-10-11, 11:15 PM
Finish high school
Enjoy your youth
You won't get a second shot at the next two years

Agreed :thumbup:

thewookie
08-10-11, 11:16 PM
noted 'tough guy', FORMER world heavyweight champ by the name of Riddick Bowe thought that too....and washed out by week 3.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :)

Nice one Lep! But, I fixed it a bit for ya!

:flag:

Sgt Leprechaun
08-10-11, 11:19 PM
Roger. Heck most people probably don't even remember his useless azz LOL

doc h fmf
08-10-11, 11:21 PM
Like Sgt Bulk And Sgt Lep Said Dont Get Too Cocky< Ive Seen Marines Career End At Mct And Soi > I Am Not Trying To Discourage You But Freak Accidents Do Happen> So Good Luck My Friend And Heed The Warning The 2 Sgts Gave You

sdufgiug
08-11-11, 05:42 AM
http://goo.gl/f7nAX Recommended here! I like it here! You will love it!