PDA

View Full Version : Identical Twins in Bootcamp

chad6025
08-08-11, 03:14 AM
Hello I know that ive kind of asked this question before but not really in the way I am asking it now. Incase you haven't read my last post about My twin brother and I, We are going to bootcamp on the buddy system on September 6th and I would really like to hear experiences that Identical twins had to go through that some of the fresher Marines might recall and what kind of mind games the Drill Instructors play on them I am a little bit nervous not because I think im going to fail but I dont really want to screw my brother on mistakes that I may make in Bootcamp or vise versa But, If I do I would like to know what kind of punishment might be handed to us because we are twins.
Any help or advice on Bootcamp is also appreciated thank you guys.
God Bless,
Poolee Chapman:usmc:

Bagwell916
08-08-11, 05:22 AM
I don't recomend it. I had a buddy in my platoon and his brother were Identical twins.. They weren't on the Buddy System though so they were in Different Platoons, Same Company.. And they got ****ed with, a lot. It's not like you go and then, Oh cool, Let's act like were one another.. We have integrity problems right? Bends and Thrusts!

I would just get the **** off the buddy system and take your different platoons if it works out that way. If not.. Well, **** Idk. Just be prepared to get ****ed with I guess.

SSgtRSD
08-08-11, 07:33 AM
You will be fine. Don't worry about the small stuff. Are you going to get messed with, yes. Are you going to get messed with more than others, maybe. Just know you are going to get messed with like everyone else. At least you will have someone there with you.

MOS4429
08-08-11, 11:08 AM
We had one set of identical twins from Chicago. It was a nonissue. They were recruits.

chad6025
08-08-11, 02:46 PM
Bagwell916 In no way at all are we planning on acting like one another to **** off the Drill Instructors Honestly that's what im trying to avoid the Drill instructors doing. I dont plan on going to bootcamp to lie to my Drill instructors because I am a twin.

Apache
08-08-11, 03:44 PM
You will get attention big time

Drop the buddy thing -if you end up separate you just gained
If you end up together well that's the way it falls

chad6025
08-08-11, 05:55 PM
Thank you SSgtRSD and MOS4429. I dont plan on quitting the buddy system because I already signed up for it Ill take the punishment that comes with it. I was just wondering what that punishment was not that I should quit.

Apache
08-08-11, 06:05 PM
The individual attention can be as broad as a DIs imagination
No way of predicting exact azimuth(direction ) of attack

Rest assured the entire platoon will pay for any mistakes either of you incur.

chad6025
08-08-11, 06:18 PM
I am not quite sure how much attention will be brought on upon by how much we look alike because I am not really sure. Here is a picture of us http://i56.tinypic.com/j8ch39.jpg

MOS4429
08-08-11, 07:19 PM
I am not quite sure how much attention will be brought on upon by how much we look alike because I am not really sure. Here is a picture of us

OH, don't worry about it. The big ol' hairy mole on your chin sets you far off from your brother!!

LOL!

:p

Lisa 23
08-08-11, 07:27 PM
I know there are a few more topics on twins in boot camp....sorry that I can't find them.

DI's See Double
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37953

Apache
08-08-11, 08:11 PM
Ya blocked out the best part of that picture !

tdfyiujs
08-08-11, 09:43 PM
You are right! I recommend here http://bit.ly/owoCYY

chad6025
08-11-11, 03:26 PM
Yeah when the CO came down and talked to us he said they will probably do things like make me move my mouth while he talks. Or when one of us gets ited we both are gonna have to mirror each other while doing it. You know stupid stuff like that haha I am not nervous anymore I was just over thinking things for a while but I am way over it I just want to leave now.

afraziaaaa
08-11-11, 03:32 PM
Bagwell916 In no way at all are we planning on acting like one another to **** off the Drill Instructors Honestly that's what im trying to avoid the Drill instructors doing. I dont plan on going to bootcamp to lie to my Drill instructors because I am a twin.

Whether you lie or not, I am certain you two will be accused of it. Relax. Get out of your head and live now. You have no control over how your drill instructors turn you into a Marine. Let it happen and cross bridges when you get there.

There is no way you can mentally prepare yourself for recruit training. You will be shocked, you will be stressed, you will probably cry. Just make sure to bring a straw with you so you can suck it up.

afraziaaaa
08-11-11, 03:34 PM
I am not quite sure how much attention will be brought on upon by how much we look alike because I am not really sure. Here is a picture of us http://i56.tinypic.com/j8ch39.jpg

WTF, over?

chad6025
08-11-11, 03:44 PM
Yeah I am not to nervous now I was just really over thinking things for a while but im over it and just wanna go!. and Yeah I have your mailing info written down already!

chad6025
08-11-11, 03:49 PM
Defiantly Dave I overloaded my self with info and thats what made me nervous as hell haha for a couple days I was freaking my self out, But now im way over it plus im writing one of my friends who shipped 3 weeks ago and I can already see the change in him and that really motivated me.

chad6025
08-11-11, 04:00 PM
Yes I do! Im not leaving MCRD without the title to many people that will be let down including myself!.