PDA

View Full Version : Juvenile History

richrity72
08-07-11, 04:01 PM
First off, I know talking with a recruiter is the best option and I plan on doing so this upcoming week. I was hoping to get some opinions from anyone here though and see what they think. I have...

Lisa 23
08-07-11, 04:22 PM
The best answers you are going to get are if you go and talk with a recruiter face-to-face. With the Marine Corps downsizing, most of us really can't anwer this for you.
There are a recruiter or two who do frequent this site, maybe one of them will drop by and give you some kind of an answer for you.

Good luck to you.

Phantom Blooper
08-07-11, 04:34 PM
Do you have...or can you get ALL the documentation on everything you are saying here?

Because as stated the only one that can really give you a direct answer is a recruiter.

There are recruiters that frequent this site....and they might be able to point you in a direction....but without sitting down face to face and with your spreadsheet in front of you...it would be very hard to give a definitive answer.

The way things are going from reading and being told you might have a hard row to hoe....the problem being juvenile and mental facility....maybe.

But then again there have been few that had a laundry list and were waiverable.

I would beat feet to the closest recruiter and lay it out and see what happens.

I wish you luck...but sometimes what we do in our younger days has a habit of coming back and biting you/us in the azz further down the road.

Good Luck!

MOS4429
08-07-11, 05:39 PM
Not to beat a dead horse, but the bottom line is that you will need to see a recruiter. Unless a recruiter answers this, most of what we say is speculation. You have a specific situation that needs a specific answer.

Can a waiver be signed? Don't know, but a recruiter can help with that.

You say you finished up in 6 months and successfully completed probation. Consider going back to the juvi court and petitioning the court to dismiss your case since you can demonstrate you were successfully rehabilitated.

That doesn't eliminate the 2.5 week commitment, though.

Good luck.

richrity72
08-07-11, 06:34 PM
I will definitely contact a recruiter this week and talk to him about it. Sorry if I wasted your time I was just wondering if anyone here knew anything about it in detail. I know I made a mistake and I understand if I am not accepted. Thank you everyone for the responses though I really appreciate it.

One thing you have going for you is that the Marine Corps would never turn you away for "a stupid prank". They might do it for an actual crime though.

Sorry, I did not think giving the details of what I did was necessary, but I personally do not consider giving someone a laxative an actual crime.

Sgt Leprechaun
08-07-11, 07:13 PM
You didn't waste our time, by any means. <br />
<br />
However, giving someone a laxative, without their knowledge or permission, in most states is going to be considered Assault at the minimum and could be...

richrity72
08-07-11, 07:19 PM
That's true, thank you. I understand it was wrong but I just do not think the process I went through was necessary. <br />
<br />
@Dave2571 <br />
Please dont take my response the wrong way, I just read it over...

Sgt Leprechaun
08-07-11, 07:22 PM
No..it WAS neccessary. You commited an assault. Someone (and not just your parents) figured it was serious enough to COMMIT you to a detention facility, something that with juvvie 'crimes' is only done for the more serious offenders.

All that having been said, a Simple assault conviction is not usually a bar to enlistment...but only the recruiter will be able to give you the 100 percent answer.

Phantom Blooper
08-07-11, 07:57 PM
Giving somebody a laxative without their knowledge is shiatty.

One of my cousins girlfriends iced a cake with Ex Lax back in the 60's when that laxative came in chocolate supposedly easier to chew.

She melted a box and fed the cake to my cousin and his friends...all of them had the shiats.

One kid almost died because that prank kicked in appendicitis.

She got in trouble and her dad had to pay what the insurance didn't for the hospital.And she went for shrink help.Her dad was a police officer so she stayed out of that type of trouble.

My cousin broke up with her shortly after...because my aunt was afraid the next thing she would do would be ice a vanilla cake with arsenic....white....and fairly easy to get back then for vermin.

So this maybe why it was taken seriously.

richrity72
08-07-11, 08:30 PM
I appreciate you sharing Phantom Blooper, I definitely understand the severity of what I did, I dont really feel it is necessary to get into the full details on here and I hate reliving it I just will pray it doesnt affect me now in the future. I understand being a Marine is a privilege and an honor that I may or may not deserve, but I know that I am a completely and much better person than I was at 15.

Hopefully in the future I can keep on posting here for advice on becoming a Marine. I will definitely follow up on what happens too I plan on calling up a recruiter as soon as tomorrow. If I do not come back though, I want to thank everyone here for your time and kind words and all of the Marines for what you do, aside from my family I respect nothing more than the armed services.

doc h fmf
08-07-11, 10:22 PM
Thats True Sgt Lep Using A Laxitive Is Assault Reason Being You Cant Tell How Much Damage You Can Do Especially What If A Persons Has An Electrolite Imbalance Defficating Could Cause A Heart Problem Because Lose Of Pottassium,just A Short Explaination Of A Medical Veiw Point Why Laxitives Are Dangerous

Semper Fi My Brother

Stephen Doc Hansen Hm3 Fmf

Phantom Blooper
08-08-11, 05:40 AM
I plan on calling up a recruiter as soon as tomorrow.

MISTAKE!

Go see a recruiter face to face.....if you call you may get an answer you don't want.

Recruiters want to see potential poolees face to face for an interview.

Bring documentation.

richrity72
08-16-11, 02:06 PM
So I just got back from talking with a recruiter.. Unfortunately it lasted about 3 minutes, after all my worries about my juvenile record it was simply my tattoos which disqualified me. My forearm tattoos are about 1.5 inches away from my wrist, it can not be less than 2 inches away. I wont lie I am pretty upset but I know this is my own fault and I fully understand and respect the rules, thank you everyone for the forum and the time to read this thread. I have wanted and dreamed of being a Marine for a long time and I truly believe there is no greater honor to earn that title. Although I am very upset this is not what I am supposed to do, I promise I will use this as motivation and an opportunity to succeed and do something great in my life. I wish everyone here and all Marines the best in life and I will, and always will support the Marine Corps.

Sgt Leprechaun
08-16-11, 04:04 PM
Then....how about getting them removed? Or is that not an option at all?

doc h fmf
08-16-11, 04:40 PM
or try joining the navy and be a corpsman like me

doc h fmf
08-16-11, 04:46 PM
or try joining the navy and be a corpsman like me. AS a corpsman out of 11 yrs in the navy i spent 7 yrs with the Marine best time of my life and alot of friends

richrity72
08-16-11, 05:54 PM
I have been considering and researching laser removing my tattoos, my main concern though is it would cost about 1200 for each arm. They could not give me a definite answer regarding my record and...

Phantom Blooper
08-16-11, 07:27 PM
I am partial to the Marine Corps...but you may want to try another branch. The Army is fairly lenient....or as the corpsman said maybe the Navy....then you can serve with Marines and go from there.

After you enlist ....and do a successful hitch then try the Marine Corps again.....you may want to stay in that branch....if not remove the tattoos and try again.

Or have the tats removed to regulations and try again...this CMC was the last CMC's assistant so during this reign the tattoo policy will probally not be reversed.....but like the CIC...he has the say so to dispute and change what another CMC did or his ALMAR.

Keep you nose clean and don't give anybody else the shiats!

Good luck to you!