PDA

View Full Version : Recruiters

Guest110
08-05-11, 12:11 AM
I'm really confused. Our GySgt at our Rss told us that they will no longer be able to pt us weekly, and it would now be once a month and it will be a big pool function. At first i thought it would be just us. But now i hear about other stations in the Chicago area are the same. I'm just wondering if this is nation wide or if its just our area. I know that they were told to stop but that's about it. They did how ever told us to organize it ourselves which we did and already do two other times a week. My question i guess then is does anyone know why? I would post this to the Poolee section but as you can tell I am not a Poole yet. I'm just motivated and waiting my turn. So if any recruiters would be able to shed some light or if any Marines who were just on RA that may have gotten in the know any help appreciated. God bless.

Tennessee Top
08-05-11, 07:22 AM
Just a guess but, with the timing, bet it has to do with steep budget cuts/consolidation for the recruiting command. Can't even imagine the gasoline bill for recruiters as they're on the road all day every day. Add onto that their telephone bills. They have to have their cars and phones in order to conduct their business. Things are only going to get tighter as the politicians attack the national debt so recruiters will have to come up with ways to still make mission.

MOS4429
08-05-11, 11:35 AM
I'm really confused. Our GySgt at our Rss told us that they will no longer be able to pt us weekly, and it would now be once a month and it will be a big pool function. At first i thought it would be just us. But now i hear about other stations in the Chicago area are the same. I'm just wondering if this is nation wide or if its just our area. I know that they were told to stop but that's about it. They did how ever told us to organize it ourselves which we did and already do two other times a week. My question i guess then is does anyone know why? I would post this to the Poolee section but as you can tell I am not a Poole yet. I'm just motivated and waiting my turn. So if any recruiters would be able to shed some light or if any Marines who were just on RA that may have gotten in the know any help appreciated. God bless.

My first thought, Guest110, is take the exact questions you ask to the GySgt at your RSS who told you this and ask him. I think your best answer will come from the source.

Guest110
08-05-11, 08:43 PM
Sgt told me that the co is following the manual to the letter and that's what the manual says to do more recruiting than preparing us for boot while with the old co wanted more preparing.

DanM
08-05-11, 08:48 PM
Sgt told me that the co is following the manual to the letter and that's what the manual says to do more recruiting than preparing us for boot while with the old co wanted more preparing.

It just puts the responsibility back on your shoulders,it was that way in the past.It is up to you and not someone watching over your shoulder.

Guest110
08-05-11, 09:07 PM
Yeah well well see who really wants it ive stepped up with a few other guys and were going to run pts thanks for the help Marines.

MOS4429
08-07-11, 05:06 PM
Poolees didn't exist when I joined. You joined and you were on your own until you left.

It got to the point that too many recruits were coming to boot not physically prepared, and I suppose that's why poolees and organized PT was formed.

Prior to boot camp, I didn't do pull ups. I did some sit-ups, some push-ups, weightlifted and ran a little bit.

Since you have worked out as a poolee group and you know what they do, that part is solved for you. Now it is just having enough initiative to do it on your own.

Initiative is a character trait that is just as important to develop as it is to be physically prepared.

03Mike
08-08-11, 09:30 AM
Chances are your Gunny's old C.O. was under pressure for shipping too many recruits who failed the IST or performed poorly during 1st phase, and you new C.O. is under pressure for numbers in the pipeline.

Ultimately, however, it is the individual who is responsible for showing up at MCRD in shape. Your recruiters can demonstrate how to PT, and can give you a program to follow - but it's up to each poolee to follow it to their best ability.

So, since you posted this question it sounds like you understand the importance of PT prior to going down. Judging from your IST scores, you've shown improvement but really need to discipline yourself to PT at least 5 or 6 days a week. Stay at it and good luck.