PDA

View Full Version : ASVAB Line Scores

KingOfNegus
08-05-11, 12:02 AM
Hi! If I become a Marine I am going to strive to become a UH-1 Huey Crew Chief. My questions however are not pertaining to the duties of a Crew Chief. I have been informed that to become a Huey Crew Chief an MM score of 105 is required. Now, here is where things get weird.

My recruiter has a paper that says my MM score is 103 so I went to the internet and researched how to calculate it for the USMC. According to http://usmilitary.about.com/od/joiningthemilitary/a/asvabjob.htm it is calulated as follows: MM= Determined from General Science (GS), Auto & Shop (AS), Mathematics Knowledge (MK) and Electronics Information (EI).

My scores are as follows: GS-58, AS-42, MK-62, EI-64. So I added them up and got 226. Considering that number seems far-fetched I divided by 2 and got 113. So if this is the case then what went wrong with the numbers my recruiter got?

My recruiter apparently also had different numbers if I recall. He did the same calculations and got higher than 103. He then divided by 2.1 instead of 2 and got 103. So, I did the same with the above numbers and got 107.61905 So once again, things are screwy.

I have however taken three ASVABs and perhaps, the scorers jumbled the numbers together. Does anyone here know how these line scores are calculated? I might either take it again (easy route) or do it the harder yet seemingly more fun way of talking and writing to alot of people (recruiter, scorers wherever they are, Marine leaders) to get it all straigtened out. And before I undertake this method does anyone have any phone numbers, websites, or people, that I can contact to fix my scores because other than actually flying a bird the only thing I want to do is be a Crew Chief on a Huey.

-Thank You