PDA

View Full Version : Ship date moved back a month

robbyj
08-04-11, 06:32 PM
Good evening Marines,

My situation is that I got sick on Tuesday with what LOOKED like strept throat, the tests came back negitive on everything and they said since it looked like strept they were going to treat me for it (5 days on anti-biotics) I let my recruiter know and all that and the Gunnery Sergeant from MEPS was there and told me I can't go on 20110808 because of it, even though I'm 100% better already, is there any way to fight this? I really don't want to wait another month.

iamspartacus
08-04-11, 06:56 PM
is there any way to fight this?

I don't know. But if there is, the process will probably take a month. Don't worry. MCRD isn't going anywhere. Enjoy the month.

robbyj
08-04-11, 07:16 PM
I don't know. But if there is, the process will probably take a month. Don't worry. MCRD isn't going anywhere. Enjoy the month.

Lol all my friends have either shipped out or have been stationed, it's going to be a very boring month.

robbyj
08-04-11, 11:16 PM
Understood...you get psyched for something then find out it is not going to happen on time---perfectly normal reaction---but nothing you can do about it except wait it out

Yea I guess so, just going to have to look on the bright side and see it as more time to prepare, it's also going to be a little cooler in September

Sgt Leprechaun
08-05-11, 11:17 PM
Yup. Impossible to fight and you are better off going healthy anyway.

robbyj
08-06-11, 12:23 AM
Yup. Impossible to fight and you are better off going healthy anyway.

I'm already up to 100% but I guess it gives me time to work on everything some more.

markpetersonii
08-06-11, 01:11 AM
...you get psyched for something then find out it is not going to happen on time...

Might want to get used to this...