PDA

View Full Version : Seeking Advice

Infidel Actual
08-03-11, 05:05 PM
Hello, <br />
I am seeking enlistment advice. <br />
<br />
I was recently down at MEPS (6 weeks ago) for a consult because I've had three speeding tickets and I was arrested for Disorderly Conduct about a decade...

Marine84
08-03-11, 07:42 PM
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103170

PJones64
08-03-11, 08:23 PM
at 30 years of age?

Infidel Actual
08-03-11, 08:25 PM
Yessir.

doc h fmf
08-03-11, 10:19 PM
Goodluck Wow Thats Great!!!! As A Rule For A Corpman We Would Always Try To Double To Keep In Shape

Goodluck In Your Future Either As A Marine Or Corpsman>

Stephen Doc Hasnsen Hm3

Infidel Actual
08-03-11, 10:44 PM
Thank you.

I will continue to keep my head down and train.

thewookie
08-03-11, 11:05 PM
Where does the screen name come from?

Infidel Actual
08-03-11, 11:25 PM
It's a transplant from my email.

thewookie
08-04-11, 12:28 AM
It's a transplant from my email.

you are who ah

good luck

afraziaaaa
08-04-11, 05:19 PM
You had a psych consult for three speeding tickets and a disorderly conduct? Either you are full of it, we are not getting the whole story, or you did something else at MEPS that prompted the...

Infidel Actual
08-04-11, 06:40 PM
You had a psych consult for three speeding tickets and a disorderly conduct? Either you are full of it, we are not getting the whole story, or you did something else at MEPS that prompted the consult.

I have enlisted people with multiple felonies and drug use who did not draw a psych consult at MEPS. I smell fish.

S/Sgt,
The head Doc at MEPS wrote on my packet, "Please eval tickets and arrest." As he was writting that he said, "Okay, everything looks good." I asked when I would know about my consult. He told me my recuiter would be in touch with me to let me know about a date.

When I was waiting for my eval I was told to just relax and not worry about anything, and that it's normal procedure for individuals who have had a few tickets and been arrested. I've heard about people who have felonies, DUI's, and multiple arrests enlisting with waivers--I don't understand why I am hitting this road block.

When the eval came back, I didn't know what to say. Obviously, I was upset that she had gotten the facts wrong. Not off--just wrong.
Then she claimed I lied to her and said that I did not attend the same Academy as my Grandfather and his father. Both myself and S/Sgt were upset and I was told that I should get in touch with my local Congressman. So I did.

Both times at MEPS I have been polite and respectful. I do not mumble, slur my speach, or say things such as, "Yea..." I address personnel properlly and I pay attention to what is being said. I am on the ball.

I was speaking with a recruiter after I had returned from MEPS the first time and he was surprised that I had drawn a consult.

Is there any else that you suggest I do? Is there any else that I can do?

Note:
When I went in for my eval I had apparently missed an eval date that was a week proir to the day I was there. She asked me why I did not show. I told her that my recruiter was on leave otherwise I would have been there. I would not have blown off an appointment. I asked about the previous date when I got back from MEPS and my recruiter told me that he was not aware of the appointment on that date.

afraziaaaa
08-05-11, 11:38 AM
PM me your full name and I will look up your information in the system. I might be able to advise you better from there.

Infidel Actual
08-05-11, 04:37 PM
PM me your full name and I will look up your information in the system. I might be able to advise you better from there.

PM sent S/Sgt.