PDA

View Full Version : Advice on security clearance.

jmart1983
08-03-11, 12:28 PM
So I officially became a poolee yesterday (8/2), my ship date is 20120514, pretty pumped. There are a couple DD contracts available for my ship date (which is my first choice), so I'm hoping to have a shot at landing one of those.

Obviously getting the TS clearance will be key in getting one of those spots, and that is where my question comes in. I have been to a few different colleges (1 University and 2 community colleges) since graduating from high school, but I never actually finished any classes. Never had time/motivation/whatever early on in my life. When I told my recruiter that and it came to the point on the National Security questionnaire he said since I never accrued any credits that it was irrelevant so we left that out. Today, I asked him again to be sure and he assured me that they only want to know it for "promotion purposes". I told him I didn't want it to come back to bite me in the ass down the road and would rather just add it in. He said it was no big deal. I need to know if this is one of those times that I need to go over his head and insist it get put in my records.

Thanks in advance.

Kegler300
08-03-11, 04:58 PM
You can include that on the security questionnaire, but the question specifically asks you to provide the name and address of the last school from which you received a degree or diploma, no matter how long ago it was received.