PDA

View Full Version : Crew chief question

KingOfNegus
08-02-11, 07:01 PM
Hi everyone. I've been asking my recruiter, my dad (retired Marine 21 yrs), researching this forum, yahoo, & google but can't seem to find the answer anywhere. My recruiter and my dad said same...

WXSgt
08-02-11, 08:25 PM
aircrew will always fly you are required to get so many hours of flight time to keep up quals, that being said when i went through powerplant mech course we had aircrew that came over and did our course as well as their aircrew course, i dont know if this is c130 specific or not.

gonzo4
08-03-11, 07:58 AM
You can have the actual MOS as Crew Chief and you will have a ird you know inside and out. If you end up becoming a mech you can work on getting your air crew wings and have the crew chief as an option. You also can be a Gunner and man the guns on flights. But Gunners are mechs who earned the gunners wings. If you go for enlisted flight crew you will have no choice of the air craft you get unless you graduate top of your class and even that will be a challenge. You may end up on an osprey or a c130. Good luck.

WXSgt
08-03-11, 06:14 PM
gunners are not always mechs i have worked alot with helo squadrons and they normally go out with their aircrew not mechs even when armed( this is for 46's) but yes anyone can do it.

KingOfNegus
08-03-11, 07:05 PM
Thank you for your answers. I'll be sure to research as much as I can on these birds so I can choose mine. I AM up to the challenge!
Also, do you think any time in college such as an Associates degree would help me in getting the spot?
P.S. I'm typing this on my PS3 so it might look weird.