PDA

View Full Version : Luke AFB

AZTony
08-02-11, 11:32 AM
Hello Marines,

I made this post in hopes of finding some current Marines that work in the Reserve Unit at Luke AFB.

With that being said I have a few questions I would like to ask. I am shipping out in October and will be joining your unit about three months after I graduate boot camp.

1) What is your general opinion on the unit?
2) If you are allowed to tell me, when is the next deployment scheduled for? If any.
3) What specific MOS do you have at your unit? Motor T, Bulk Fuel, etc.
3a) What has been your experience with that MOS so far? Like? Dislike?
4) When you do your weekend in-home drills, do you sleep at the base for the weekend, or just come home at the end of the day?
5) Is there anything you would like me to know before joining your unit? Such as, certain things you would like me NOT to do that you have seen previous, "Boots" do?

The reason I ask these questions is because I would like to find out more about the unit so that I do not somehow make anyone mad when I first get there. The last thing I would want to do is anger or annoy the Marines I will be working along side for the next 3 years while I finish college.

Thank you,

Poolee Le Claire
:usmc:

AZTony
08-02-11, 11:40 AM
Sorry to double post, the time ran out for the edit option.

Question 6) How often have you been activated for active duty since you have joined the unit?

Zulu 36
08-02-11, 11:52 AM
I suggest you take a little road trip out to the unit during the week and ask those questions of Reservists and I&I Staff there. You can introduce yourself and learn who some of them are. Note: Weds and Thurs are probably the best days to visit a reserve unit.

You might get invited to come out and join them on a drill weekend or two for PT and a meet and greet.

AZTony
08-06-11, 09:24 AM
Hello Sir,

I was not aware I could go on base until I am finished with Boot Camp. Would I just get a guest pass and drive out to where the Bn. is located and visit them? Or would I need to call the number for the Bn. before going out?

Thank you

markpetersonii
08-06-11, 09:27 AM
I would call ahead of time and let them know you are coming out to see them. That way they'll, more then likely, have a representative at the gate for you.

Zulu 36
08-06-11, 09:45 AM
Hello Sir,

I was not aware I could go on base until I am finished with Boot Camp. Would I just get a guest pass and drive out to where the Bn. is located and visit them? Or would I need to call the number for the Bn. before going out?

Thank you

Yeah, call ahead. Make certain you have your driver's license, vehicle registration, and current auto insurance with you. Most Air Force bases have dropped using vehicle decals for those with valid military ID, but I think visitors still need temporary passes. Also have the phone number of the unit and a contact name handy in case it's needed at the gate.

The unit can tell you what Luke AFB requires for visitors. Mind your speed and obey all traffic laws on base. The AF cops can be really strict some places.