PDA

View Full Version : Questions for Marines

Rufe
10-26-03, 01:25 AM
I have been on this website for about 8 months and I have a question that hasent been talked about not to my knowledge anyway. My question is is what does everybody have against Marines (by everybody i mean non Marines just to clariffy)? when i tell people that i want to join the Marine Corp they try and talk me into something else. But my mind is dead set for the Marines nothing could be more honorable then to have the Eagle, Globe, and Anchor and to be called Marine. For the Marines on this site did any of you have to put up with that crap when you where making your decision to join the Marines?

Dave

CPLRapoza
10-26-03, 01:54 AM
Not only did I get critisism I got told that I would never make it, well I showed all those F***S. Thier just jealous, that you are going to be something and be part of a family that they will never or could ever be part of. We are the most non-politically correct family on the planet and they don't like that. We're a different breed and people just don't understand. Stay motivated and don't listen to what people have to say.

Seeley
10-26-03, 12:21 PM
Good luck with your quest to earn the title Rufe. I get the same crap believe me. Its just a defense mechanism that gets triggered in losers who don't have what it takes in this world. Let it go in one ear and out the other. I had a hard time with that at first. Words were one thing, then garbage started getting thrown. I'm still learning to control my first instincts which is to go over there and dump the trash throwing commie pinko fag into the garbage. Heh.
Just don't let it get to you because in the end we're going to be something great and at the ten year reunion when you're a Marine Corps NCO and that guy with the really cool car is a manager at Burger King...well, yeah....who's better now?

CplDawson
10-30-03, 07:11 PM
The Burger King Manager because he makes more money then you do and drives a nicer car.....

As a Marine who have achieved something that they can never acheive PRIDE, DICIPLINE, SELF-ESTEEM and a way to kick A** and take names without even breaking a sweat.

What they do not like about Marines is that we not only know but we show that we are better then them and that is what they hate.

This goes for every branch of the service as well, they hate us because we are smaller in #'s with less money and second hand gear and we are more noted in the halls of history then they could ever hope to be.

When you say MARINE it says it all. What is someone in the army a solider, what is someone in the navy a sailor, what is someone in the airforce a civilian. But who is someone in the MARINE CORPS a MARINE the very name cause's militaries in other countries to fear.

It is there own fear they hate, there jealosey they tast in the backs of there throats thats bitter to there tounges, the lack of pride in themselves that is venom in there vaines.

This is why they hate, because you have the mind set to change, to transform, to be reborne and go through the depths of hell, sacrafice your own life to save one of our own and they will never know this feeling of Espirt De Corps.

But once you have achieved this change, they are going to be the ones asking all the questions what was it like, how many ways can you kill some one, did you shoot a gun???

Take Heart and take Pride that you have made the right choice a choice to a part of the Few, the Proud the Marines and that change will be forever. Just look around you......

Semper Fi when you feel the meaning behind those words at graduation day you will now what it means to be a MARINE....:marine:

RoboRobinson17
10-30-03, 07:37 PM
People fear what they don't understand. The only people to that can understand and relate to a Marine is a fellow Marine. If you go somewhere and you meet a person who is a Marine, it is like you just found a long-lost brother. No other branch has our comraderie, our love for each other, our history. Because when it comes down to it, we're fighting for one thing: that Marine next to you, because that's all we got.

Semper Fi,

Joe

WMjets
10-31-03, 06:56 PM
That's about all you need to know. When they start giving you that crap, just stick out your chest and smile 'cause you're gonna be something they can't even dream about! Good luck.

Jo

Osotogary
10-31-03, 07:30 PM
Good evening, Rufe.
I'm just thinking (in brief) that if I had a loved one, from any of the U.S. Armed Forces, who was lost or disabled in any conflict, I would be hesitant to offer immediate support for another one of my loved ones who's desire was to "join up". These feelings (hypotheticaly) could go all the way back to WWII!
What I have attempted to do is maybe have you look on the other side of the fence. I am assuming that your Elders are giving you grief. I am not trying to sway your desire to join the United States Marine Corp.
RoboRobinson17 touched on a very good point. That being Fear caused by lack of understanding. Give that point some serious thought, especially in regards to negative peer pressure.
I wish you well and support your decision but if I was related to you...we'd need to talk. Don't worry, it would be a positive conversation but we would still need to talk.
All the best to you!
Gary (osotogary)

Sixguns
10-31-03, 07:47 PM
Many will not know your desire or pride to be a Marine. They lack the understanding and the vision to appreciate the sacrifices and dedication displayed by those who DO HAVE the guts and hearts to endure the tough training and duties associated with being a Marine. For those who are physically weak and mentally soft, it is much easier to condemn the institution and the ideals of the Marine Corps. This is also made easier because many of the critics lack an understanding of our heritage, honor and accomplishments. Because of this, folks are quick to classify you as a robot, baby killer or other baseless title. When confronted, maintain your bearing and explain you made a decision to serve your country, its people and your conscience. Then ask the idiot this question, "And your decision was...??????? Oh yeah, your desicion was to serve yourself! That's OK, I don't need your thanks for the job I will be doing for you!!!!"

Remember to stay above those who do not and cannot understand our calling.

SF,

Rufe
10-31-03, 10:21 PM
Thank you all for helping me understand what I did not and thank you for your support. My desire to become a Marine has not been swayed by these people, and now that I understand what they are thinking I can only be more proud of my decision to persue the title.
thanks again
Dave

proudUSA
11-02-03, 12:21 AM
Dave, my decision to become a Marine is something that comes from within..it is something I am very passionate about. I have also heard things from people here and there. When I step back and look at those people who are doing nothing with their life. The are just people who simply have a lack of knowledge..wait..they are just lazy people who obviously know that they could never complete the training that we will be able to because they are scared, lack the heart, the pride, and the confidence to take apart of the most admirable and honorable job in the world.... to be apart of our country's most elite fighting force. I highly doubt that when you come home in your uniform that they will be so quick to make anymore ignorant comments...but they will realize what they will never be, because they will never have the guts and they will only be jealous of who you are and what you are made of. Good Luck with everything and keep that head high and proud.

A future sister....

Poolee08/09
11-02-03, 11:38 AM
im still getting harrassed about joining the Marines. my dad who was in teh navy for 26 years tells me i wil amount to nothing but being a grunt, my mom hates the idea of teh Corps because she was in teh navy for 8 years my friends think im crazy and dumb but i know when i get that EGA they will all envy me and will look up to me, thats all i need

privatebrady
11-03-03, 07:07 PM
^so true....

Les Elkins
11-03-03, 09:06 PM
Who cares what all of those sillyvillians think. Like everyone has said, they are just jealous.
What really makes the chest swell is the respect you will get form the armies of other countries. I have been treated with more respect in other countires than I ever have been here at home.
When you have the respect of your allies you need nothing else.

CplDawson
11-04-03, 10:33 AM
The Navy is good for 2 things okay 3. N.I.A. (Navy Issued As$), A boat ride to and from conflicts, and a Chaplin to give me my last rites.......other then that when the ships hits the sand the navy hightales it back out to sea while the Marines get it done.
I dont suggest telling your mom that she was or is a piece of NIA for your dad though not a good I dea....

Fred Pfeiffer
11-04-03, 12:15 PM
Please remember the Navy Corpsmen also. In 1968, I had a Navy Corpsman save my life in Vietnam.

As to the thread, what has been said in this thread about the responses of casual acquaintances and friends to your desire to join the Marine Corps is generally an adequate evaluation.

However, you can certainly understand why a young Marine's parents and family could be fearful of their son or daughter joining the Marine Corps and seek to talk them out of the decision. Remember, the Marines are historically "the first to fight" and, as a result, sometimes sadly the first to die. To a parent of a Marine, this thought can be absolutely terrifying.

Please let your parent's know that you understand their concerns and promise them that you will be vigilant. Also, whether you are station in the States or deployed with the fleet or in the field, take the time to write to them often. They deserve to be assured that you are safe and healthy. They do love you.

Frequent communications will go a long way toward dispelling their fears.

Semper Fi,
Fred

CplDawson
11-04-03, 12:22 PM
You are so right about the Navy Corps men "DEVIL DOCS" because of those guys in the field with the grunts I never saw them really as Navy they have the Esprit De Corps and Heart of a Warrior more often then not and are made Honorary Marines by the men they serve with.