PDA

View Full Version : B billet

cth213
07-31-11, 06:38 PM
I was wondering how you get a B billet MOS, right now I leave sept 19th and my MOS is Motor transport, I didnt want this mos but that was the only one avalible at the time so I just stuck with it, but im interested in 8023 parachutist, how would I go about getting that B billet.

Thank you

Zulu 36
07-31-11, 07:44 PM
I was wondering how you get a B billet MOS, right now I leave sept 19th and my MOS is Motor transport, I didnt want this mos but that was the only one avalible at the time so I just stuck with it, but im interested in 8023 parachutist, how would I go about getting that B billet.

Thank you

Get a slot in a jump billet. Recon, MARSOC, para-rigger, a couple of other jobs (none of which is Motor Transport).

cth213
07-31-11, 08:02 PM
how do i get a slot in a jump billet? or how do i get a b billet mos once i finish my MOS schooling?

Tookie22
07-31-11, 08:23 PM
Heres a tip if you dont want to do motor t then dont. why the F would you sign up for something you dont want? Other slots will open if your patient enough. So why not wait for a opening for the slot you want

Zulu 36
07-31-11, 08:31 PM
how do i get a slot in a jump billet? or how do i get a b billet mos once i finish my MOS schooling?

You've got to be a reconman, a MARSOC operator, a parachute rigger, or have those other few MOSs that require jump training. Again, Motor Transport isn't one of them.

To get a B-billet after school, you need to volunteer for Embassy duty, or once you become a Sergeant, you can volunteer for DI school, or recruiting duty, or combat instructor at MCT.

They are special assignments, for limited time periods. You can Google embassy duty to get the specifics. The others will usually require a re-enlistment before getting them. So, no B-billets for three or more years, minimum, after boot camp.

You might be able to get jump school as a re-enlistment incentive, but you won't be in a jump billet or getting jump pay. Bragging rights and a Lead Sled only.

So, at this point, your priorities are getting through boot camp, then MCT, then MOS school. After than you can explore B-billet possibilities. Doing that now is a waste of time.

Tennessee Top
07-31-11, 09:59 PM
You must be a LCpl to apply for embassy duty. The other B billets (DI and recruiter) are normally reenlistment options.

cth213
07-31-11, 11:23 PM
Well see I already swore in and have a ship date sept 19th, I picked from 3 MOS which were infantry, mp, and security forces...none of these MOS's were available only one was motor t or open contract so i went with motor t....is there anyway I can still get those MOS's

Tookie22
08-01-11, 06:15 PM
You can change your ship date they wont NJP you. You arent part of the UCMJ until you swear in as a active duty member aka shipping to boot. You already swore into the DEP. Completely different. You have a Sgt and a MSgt who already answered whether you can or not. During your first 4 yrs MOST LIKELY NOT if you go motor t. So either change ship date an mos wait till october for the new fiscal yr risk getting dropped from the dep or not getting your slot either way. OR you suck it up and go motor t since it WAS one of your top 3 choices