PDA

View Full Version : Tips and Advice for boot camp

Poolee Long
07-31-11, 02:52 PM
Hi. I am poolee Long and i ship out on March 5 but hoping to get a sooner bootcamp date. But when I get to MCRD San Diego/Camp Pendleton, what kind of survival tips are there? miscellaneous tips like how to tie your boot correctly or how to rest during PT without the DI's screaming at you or what kind of food to eat to avoid getting sore? or I dont know, anything at all.

so far I only know that you have to be loud, do everything the DI's tell you, AYE AYE SIR/YES SIR! the basic stuff.

Zulu 36
07-31-11, 04:05 PM
Hi. I am poolee Long and i ship out on March 5 but hoping to get a sooner bootcamp date. But when I get to MCRD San Diego/Camp Pendleton, what kind of survival tips are there? miscellaneous tips like how to tie your boot correctly or how to rest during PT without the DI's screaming at you or what kind of food to eat to avoid getting sore? or I dont know, anything at all.

so far I only know that you have to be loud, do everything the DI's tell you, AYE AYE SIR/YES SIR! the basic stuff.

You already know everything you HAVE to know. Don't worry about tying your boots - they will teach you. You can't rest during PT without getting yelled at, and you will happily eat everything put on your tray (and wish for more).

m14ed
08-01-11, 03:56 AM
Fill your profile out

cowstep2
08-01-11, 10:08 AM
Sounds like you need to stay at home and suck on a sugar tit.

Tennessee Top
08-01-11, 11:18 AM
They don't serve a buffet...you don't have a choice in what you eat. You'll eat what's on your tray and like it. You'll drink bug juice (kool-aid) and water (at least I did).

We don't eat food in the sea services by the way...it's called chow but you haven't been taught that yet. You don't go to the cafeteria; you march to the chowhall/messhall/dining facility.

One survival tip you may not have heard is keep track of your gear and don't leave anything adrift where it can walk away (be stolen). It's no fun when your DI tells you to grab something and you can't find it or don't have it anymore. For example, having to shave without a razor is a problem and you can't run over to WalMart. Most of your gear will be marked with your name on it but not everything like personal hygiene items so it will be your responsibility to maintain accountability.

Sgt Leprechaun
08-01-11, 07:06 PM
Profile lacking. Deleted until that gets done. READ THE RULES. FOLLOW THEM. If you can't follow them here you won't be able to follow them THERE, either.