PDA

View Full Version : Questions im still not clear on

mdye
07-30-11, 01:12 AM
Im a poole who ships out in dec.

i have a few questions that i was hoping someone could answer

1.) if my wife gives birth while im at boot camp (looking like a possibility) will i be able to visit?
2.) do you get any type of seperation pay/housing allowance if you are married?
3.) what does "security force" really do?

GreenRam
07-30-11, 04:47 AM
1) if you're wife is going go be due during the 3 months you're in boot save yourself and everyone else the trouble and get your ship date changed.
2) Yes, Married recruits / Marines receive BAH/BAS from first paycheck and beyond, at worst you'll recoeve a later backpay
3) Security forces is an 0311 infantry b-billet for 5 year contract. First year will be training bootcamp, SOI and then basic security guard school. Then you are assigned to one of the 3 security force optotions 2 year tour guarding assets in the PRP, or presidental security or F.A.S.T teams. Then you do your last 2 years in the fleet as a grunt.

Tennessee Top
07-30-11, 08:36 AM
Get used to missing births, birthdays, weddings, anniversaries, funerals, etc. Those events are not important to the USMC. What is important is accomplishing your mission and being with your brother Marines. Being a Marine involves a lot of sacrafice and there will be good times as well as bad times. It takes a special person to be married to a Marine; many can't or won't do it. Your wife will have to learn to be independent, flexible, resourceful, strong...and without you by her side. There is a reason it's called joining the service...you volunteered to serve our nation.

Sgt Leprechaun
08-01-11, 06:57 PM
Ditto what the MSgt said. The only way you are leaving Recruit Training in the middle of it....is to be dropped/discharged. No going home for breaks etc. If that is what you want just go ahead...

mdye
08-01-11, 07:46 PM
Thanks for the info I figured the answer and I think ill stick with the Marines because that is what I want and where I've wanted to be since I was a child

sparkie
08-01-11, 08:05 PM
When I was a child I wanted to be on my mothers teet. when I was 16 I wanted to be a Marine. Been there, done that. All us old farts swore in for Mother, God, and Country.

Why do you want in? Save the world?

mdye
08-01-11, 08:08 PM
No sir, I want in because I want to be able to say I earned the right to serve my country and to be called Marine. I have always had the up most respect for them

sparkie
08-01-11, 08:12 PM
When you hit boot I can write,,,,, If you want. PM me. Till then,,,, Hold the faith.

Sgt Leprechaun
08-01-11, 08:13 PM
Well, then go for it. Just know it's not an easy life nor should it be. You want easy, then just do the Air Force thing. (Easy as far as physical labor goes, not as far as deployments etc goes...they stay in A/C units etc...)

mdye
08-01-11, 08:21 PM
No sir I do not want easy I don't believe training for going to war should be easy ... I come from a strong military (mostly army) background and most of them, but not all, joined because of a 30,000+ sign on bonus and as nice as that may be I feel like the only reason they joined was because of dollar signs and now they have a nice car and debit up to there ears. Then you look at them completely dissecting the uniform by getting so sloppy intoxicated in there a c us that they cant even stand up and they pee on themselves. I want to earn the title and to respect the uniform and I have never seen anyone do those things better than a Marine. So yes I sill walk through hell to earn it

mdye
08-01-11, 08:22 PM
That's suppose to be disrespecting*

Apache
08-01-11, 08:25 PM
Well said
Continue that mental attitude

sparkie
08-01-11, 08:27 PM
Good To Go,,,,,,,,,,

sparkie
08-02-11, 08:58 PM
Michael,,,,,, I like your attitude. Ain't easy to have my support. I carry a bunch o ghosts. I got your back.