PDA

View Full Version : USMC eligible?

Ralph249
07-28-11, 10:58 PM
Hello Marines, i have read the sticky's but they didn't answer my questions. I have a tattoo on my chest that covers the whole left part of my chest, but does NOT pass the collar bone, would that be fine? And secondly, i broke my foot when i was 13 , should i just not say anything to my recruiter or MEPS just in case?I also had two cysts removed when i was two but i HAVE to tell them because they left scars, will this prevent me from joining? Thanks in advance Marines

Lisa 23
07-29-11, 10:46 AM
Ask a recruiter, he/she will be able to give you the most up-to-date info on the tattoo......and DO NOT lie about your broken foot or the cysts....plain and simple.

SSgt Lamie
07-29-11, 01:32 PM
1. As long as no portion of the tattoo comes above the collarbone or can been seen in the V of the Marine Corps khaki service shirt you will be fine. If it does come across the collarbone or can been seen in the V, you will require a waiver for the tattoo which will take some time to get approved.

2. A broken foot is not a huge deal. Tell your Recruiter, gather the medical documents to submit to MEPS and you will be fine.

3. The cysts won;t be an issue either. Just do the same thing that you would for the broken foot.

Ralph249
07-29-11, 04:01 PM
I don't think i have the medical records for the cysts removal since it was 15 years ago in another state.. Can i just go to my local doctor and get a clean bill of health?

Sgt Leprechaun
08-01-11, 06:49 PM
"Maybe". Also, something the SSgt didn't mention, if the Marine Corps decides the tat is racist/gang related/obscene/offensive to any group that'll be a DQ.

Ralph249
08-01-11, 09:19 PM
The tattoo is in no way offensive unless someone is offended by my moms name surrounded by flowers. And it turns out i don't need a Waiver after all.

Sgt Leprechaun
08-01-11, 09:21 PM
Good deal. That is interesting to know. Is the 'no waiver' for the tat? Or everything?

Ralph249
08-01-11, 09:31 PM
I need a waiver for the tat but my recruiter said it was no problem. As for the cysts, it turns out i only had one cyst removal and since it was so long ago, i will just tell MEPS i got stitches. It was 16 years ago.