PDA

View Full Version : What can you bring into boot camp with you?

ryangassxx
07-28-11, 10:01 AM
For the record, a thorough search was completed prior to posting this ;)

Are any types of personal toiletries or items allowed to be brought through receiving and actually kept WITH you through boot camp? Is there a very specific list of things you can have or are only certain things contraband? Clearly you wouldn't try to bring a big retarded bottle of shampoo or a hair drier. But there's one product that I like using that I'd like to be able to use/have with me for the duration of boot camp. Specifically it's this,..

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=163404&catid=183328&aid=338666&aparam=163404&scinit1=pla&scinit2={keyword}

The stick itself is about the size of a box of tic tacs.

Lisa 23
07-28-11, 10:06 AM
NO personal toiletry items can be brought with you. Everything you need will be issued to you at receiving.
Maybe when you're in boot camp for the first month, your family can send you your own shampoo, but you can't take it with you.
Unless things have changed, all you go to boot camp with is the clothes on your body, ID, small address book, and about $20 cash.....that's it.

The Ultimate Guide for Boot Camp
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59314

Phantom Blooper
07-28-11, 11:26 AM
Small Bible/prayer book.

They used to let recruits have a religious medallion....but it had to be kept in the footlocker.

Mxzero
07-28-11, 02:05 PM
All I could take with me was an address book and a small religious item. My wallet and clothes were put in a bag and stuck in some cage somewhere and I got it back my last week there. You can have someone send you toiletries to you but it'll depend on what your DIs tell you is alright.

AKA HITMAN
07-28-11, 02:48 PM
And a bar of soap on a rope for those tender late nite blanket parties....

GreenRam
07-29-11, 09:35 PM
I can tell you what I brought...and I made it just fine...

1. The clothes on my back
2. The papers that my recruiter gave me to bring
and 3. A can of MAN

Everything else is obsolete...you'll get everything else you need when you get there. Dont bring any of that cell phone/mp3 player or other trash. At most the optional things you should consider is a paper for you to study your general orders on the ride to MCRD and a bible if the religious thing applies to you. Other than that, items 1 through 3 listed above should work just fine for you.

Rah?