PDA

View Full Version : The Worst of Times...The Best of Times

Mudwalker
10-25-03, 09:23 AM
How about sharing the worst time in the Corps and the best.

My Best: Any moment during my tour with 2nd Bn 1st Marines. That was the best command I have been a part of my entire career. I cannot think of a single moment when I hated being there.

My Worst: March 23, 2003 when 18 of my friends and brothers died fighting for An Nasiriyah.

leroy8541
10-25-03, 10:05 AM
This is a tough one, because the worst times are still very memorable, and I wouldn't trade the memory's for anything, there were millions of ups, and even more downs. Some of the best times were actually bad, at the time. Does this sound stupid?
worst time - getting smacked in the face by the Co. Gunny for talking on a tactical hike from NTA to Hanson.
Best time - getting smacked in the face by Gunny Koon for bull****ting around when I should not have been.

Go Figure?

greybeard
10-26-03, 01:37 PM
Best: June 2 1971/approx 0900hrs Danang time-freedom bird clears VN air space.

Worst-Nov 4 1972/2100 hrs CST.-I married the redhead from hel*.

GUNNYKOON
01-21-08, 04:10 AM
This is a tough one, because the worst times are still very memorable, and I wouldn't trade the memory's for anything, there were millions of ups, and even more downs. Some of the best times were actually bad, at the time. Does this sound stupid?
worst time - getting smacked in the face by the Co. Gunny for talking on a tactical hike from NTA to Hanson.
Best time - getting smacked in the face by Gunny Koon for bull****ting around when I should not have been.

Go Figure? YA,SAME GO'S FOR ME TOO!!! GUNNY KOON(Ret)

jrhd97
01-21-08, 10:05 AM
YA,SAME GO'S FOR ME TOO!!! GUNNY KOON(Ret)

Funny :yes:LOL!