PDA

View Full Version : Need Important Advice Right Before Bootcamp

VeritasJG
07-26-11, 08:16 PM
Hello Everyone,
I am set to leave for bootcamp this Monday, however I've hit a snag that's turning out to be really bad. Unfortunately, in January my license was suspended when I went to a bar with some friends and tried to help everyone out by driving my friends car because they'd all had a lot more to drink, but sadly I still wasn't under the limit. It was a foolish mistake I regret.
This occured in NJ but the problem is my attorney said if I switch to a PA license, I wouldn't have to worry about installing the stupid interlock device on my car, so I swapped over to PA. Now, motor vehicle is saying that is invalid, the thing must be put on the car and I have to be here August 9th to restore my license and check in every 60 days with the installer of the interlock device to monitor it's readings. When I told them about my military commitment they more or less said sorry but there's nothing we can do, and my license would be further suspended if I didn't do this.
If anyone has had any experience with this I'd greatly appreciate it if you could add some advice as time is short. I was looking to see if the SCRA would cover something like that but had trouble finding info on the specifics.
Thank you in advance.

usmc4life1991
07-26-11, 08:20 PM
the best this is to call your recruiter... the empcoa (enemys most probable course of action) for this situation is you will be help from bootcamp until this is setteled.. does your recruiter know this happened to begin with>?

VeritasJG
07-26-11, 08:35 PM
Yes, I've gotten the appropriate waivers, all fines are paid, its the administrative stuff that's holding me back now. I've talked extensively with the recruiter about it, he says I should give him power of attorney which I'm not sure I feel comfortable doing. But that the DMV and courts can't order me to do something if I'm not there. I just want a straight answer before I leave, or to be able to push back my ship date to settle this, which the recruiters say is impossible.

usmc4life1991
07-26-11, 08:37 PM
its not ever impossible to push back your ship date... imo i say push it back... if your recruiter is unwilling to do it... talk to another recruiter at the station or the SNCOIC