PDA

View Full Version : Intel Polygraph

MunkyVsRobot
07-26-11, 11:43 AM
Good Afternoon Marines question I have, that Im pretty much just trying to confirm what I have heard is, I hear that for the Top Secret investigation that if you dont have a police record then you dont have to take a polygraph test. Is this a true statement?

Im not worried about taking a polygraph, but I dont have any police involvement outside of traffic stops and whatever helps my process go faster and smoother the better. Never taken one so im sure id be sweating bullets.

devilbones2
07-26-11, 02:10 PM
Only certain access would require you to get a poly and you will not need one.

haebyungdae
07-26-11, 03:55 PM
If you become a 2600, you will be required to take a polygraph once you get to your first unit, usually within the first year. If you become 0200, I guess it would be determined by your need for certain accesses; you might have to, you might not have to.

It is an extremely boring process and I feel asleep multiple times during it, which kinda pizzed off the lady that was administering it lol

MunkyVsRobot
07-26-11, 04:52 PM
What types of questions are they asking you if you have to do a poly? Are they questions like are you a foreign nationalist, have you committed any crimes? Those types of questions?

1stRad2671
07-26-11, 05:05 PM
I never did a polygraph while in the Marine Corps.

Done a few CI polys since then. In my opinion they don't prove ****. First time I answer questions, no issues, go on my way.

Second time years later, all the same question, same answers, but now I'm being "deceptive" they say. :rolleyes: Then I had to answer a bunch of other questions about do others think I'm honest,etc; do I think I'm honest and so on. Just goes to prove the polys don't prove anything.

Of course my body is going to give off all sorts of weird signals when I'm having to sit in a chair for an hour with a bunch of wires attached to me.

hussaf
07-26-11, 05:31 PM
For a Marine MOS you will likely be getting a CI poly vice a lifestyle poly. They administrator will explain everything to you before being boxed. CI Poly centers around you being a potential threat, more so than stuff like if you do cocaine or have ogries with animals.

Apache
07-26-11, 05:48 PM
Can't answer for today's standards---

Back in the day the FBI talked to your family and friends to start an investigation
Just like cops today,didn't answer their questions-whT did Johnny do-etc
Just steped around questions and kept asking

I think they were looking for any nervous reactions in addition to the questions