PDA

View Full Version : A simple question

SemperFIUSMCYUT
07-26-11, 01:16 AM
Good evening Marines.

I recently DEPed into hopefully becoming a Marine. It's been my goal for years ever since seeing the original commercial of the Marine fighting a dragon with the sword, I know, stupid but it's what gets you. I merely had a few questions that I respectfully hope can be answered to the fullest.

1st: How is the temperature and general climate of MCRDSD during the September to December/January months?

2nd: What is a general day in boot camp like? Hours, classes involved, training?

3rd: What items would be most important to memorize and know going down? I've been told to know my general orders, to refer to all Drill Instructors as sir and to follow any and all orders given.

And lastly: I have dietary restrictions because of religious convictions. Is there any chance of being able to follow them or will I have to put them off in favor of mission accomplishment.

Thank you Marines, in advance, for all you do to help me in my journey to earn the title.

Phantom Blooper
07-26-11, 06:52 AM
1st: How is the temperature and general climate of MCRDSD during the September to December/January months?

http://www.weather.com/weather/wxclimatology/monthly/graph/USCA0982

2nd: What is a general day in boot camp like? Hours, classes involved, training?

Read the sticky in the Poolee Forum

3rd: What items would be most important to memorize and know going down? I've been told to know my general orders, to refer to all Drill Instructors as sir and to follow any and all orders given.

Read the Poolee Forum....many threads with a wealth of scoop.

And lastly: I have dietary restrictions because of religious convictions. Is there any chance of being able to follow them or will I have to put them off in favor of mission accomplishment.

Don't really know.....never seen or heard of any recruit getting speacial chow because of religious convictions

Only medical and overweight recruits got chow that was special.

And that was more than one simple question!

Lisa 23
07-26-11, 08:36 AM
It's amazing what you can find when you use google....

Marine Corps Recruit Deport - San Diego, CA

http://www.marines.mil/unit/tecom/mcrdsandiego/Pages/welcome.aspx

Apache
07-26-11, 10:36 AM
Initiative - a requirement for Marines

usmc4life1991
07-26-11, 07:40 PM
hey bro.. since its cali its not way too cold.. so dont worry about that.. a general day is you wake up, morning routine, chow, train, chow, train, chow, train some more then sdi evening hygine, sdi time, personal time, sleep do it all again... as for your food restrictions.. they have a choice of meats and salad bar and stuff.. you can try staying away from the stuff u cant eat as much as possible.. but defentally eat.. even if you have to break your religious restrictions you will need the energy

Tookie22
07-26-11, 07:45 PM
One of my buddies was a vegetarian. He managed to go through bootcamp without eating any meat including MREs. I introduced him to a California Burrito at Robertos in Pendleton. He changed his vegetarian ways. But you do have some sort of choices on the foods you eat at the depot.

GreenRam
07-27-11, 12:03 AM
1. You'll find out.
2. You'll find out.
3. Correct.
4. Sh** happens.
and I'm going to add a 5: Get out of the habit of asking questions that are beyond anything that's going to help you. You either want to go to MCRD or you dont. Take everything in stride. Carry on.