PDA

View Full Version : The China Marines

pocatellodave
07-24-11, 11:03 AM
I have done a lot of reading on the China Marines.I feel they have a outstanding battle record,and have served this great country with distinction!
They were on Corregidor when the Japanese captured it.They were reformed in 1944-45.
During Vietnam the 2nd Bn.4th Marines were involved in nearly every operation,including Starlight,Jay,Hastings,and Prairie.They were awarded the PUC and many other awards for their tenacity on the battle field.L/CPL Joe Paul got back off a medivac chopper,as he felt he wasn't wounded bad enough.He laid down covering fire with his M60 while other Marines carried out their dead and wounded.He was in a exposed position,and he gave his life,that others might live.L/CPL Paul was awarded the MOH for his outstanding bravery.Corp. O'Malley also got the MOH for his bravery in the taking of hill 43.
It makes me proud to be a part of the USMC when I read articles like that.
My most sincere thanks goes out to the families that have lost their sons and daughters while fighting for this country.
One man said "valor and bravery were a common thing during the battle for Iwo Jima.I may not have got that completely right,but you know what I mean.
I'm honored to be a Marine!Are reputation proceeds us!
Semper Fi
P.S. I didn't mean to leave any unit from the 3rd Marine Division out.I was just studying one unit.The 3rd Marine Division stands tall,as do all the other Marine Divisions that served this great country!