PDA

View Full Version : Requesting EOD 2336 info.

Shakespeare
07-24-11, 12:30 AM
So, I talked to my grandpa a bit about his days as an EOD tech in the Marines. He started out as a combat engineer, as I am currently slated to do (in the reserves).
I started thinking a little bit about that job. I looked it up, and I found that it is a MOS that one must be at least a Sergeant of Marines to apply for.
What is the best job to have before? I would guess 1371 Combat Engineer, but I'm not sure, so I would like a bit of input. Thank you for your time.

PhillyLee
08-16-11, 10:45 PM
I was never in EOD. But I don't think there is an MOS you have to be in to get into EOD. Now if you go in as an engineer, that will give you a lot of experience with things you would be doing in EOD. So engineers might be a good way to start out. And you are correct about having to be a Sgt to be in EOD. BUT you can be a CPL when you apply to go into EOD and be a CPL when you leave for EOD school. Upon completion of EOD school you will be promoted.

Mxzero
08-16-11, 11:11 PM
According to some of the EOD guys I've worked with, you don't need to be any specific MOS to get it. They make wanna take some, like combat engineer, over others but it's like most MOS' and trying to lat move, if you meet the requirements, they've got the slot and you can pass the school, you've got the job.

jstkiknit
08-23-11, 01:37 AM
I am an EOD Technician, feel free to PM me but there isnt a specific MOS to start. we have everything from marsoc bubbas to seamsters and everything in between. the thing is that you must be the best at what you do and show great aptitude in problem solving, fitness and reliability as to a greater degree then ever before, lives will rest in your actions.