PDA

View Full Version : Is there a good chance that I am PDQ?

LilRingo
07-23-11, 11:16 PM
Hello Marines.

Here's the dealio, I have a few things that could bar me from enlistment. I fractured my arm when I was 9 years old, but I'm sure I could get a waiver for that. The other things are a bit more major. When I was 13 I went to my school counselor because I was having a very bad time, I was being bullied alot and had a major falling out with a large group of friends. I wasn't perscribed medication or diagnosed with depression, but i did tell her about the time that I cut myself when I was 11. I did it for a dumb reason, not out of depression. I haven't done it since, and don't plan to ever do it again. I have also smoked weed 2 times, when I was 15.

This last one is the one that I am most concerned with is the fact that I might have something called Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. I'm not diagnosed or anything, but the symptoms add up. The reason I think I might have it is because one of my girlfriends is a nurse and suggested it to me. I haven't gone to a doctor because I want to know if it will PDQ me if I get diagnosed.

So Marines, do you think I have a good chance of being PDQ? I know there is alot wrong with me, and I don't want to waste my recruiters time.

thewookie
07-23-11, 11:52 PM
yo Lil

check with the magic eight-ballio...

http://8ball.tridelphia.net/

LilRingo
07-23-11, 11:58 PM
yo Lil

check with the magic eight-ballio...

http://8ball.tridelphia.net/

"It is decidedly so." well crap. :)

thewookie
07-23-11, 11:59 PM
"It is decidedly so." well crap. :)

there you have it, good luck. :flag: there is always the Army :cry:

BTW -- I am not a Doctor or a Nurse, but I cut myself the other day.

Yonkers
07-24-11, 07:48 AM
there you have it, good luck. :flag: there is always the Army :cry:

BTW -- I am not a Doctor or a Nurse, but I cut myself the other day.

:confused:

Marine84
07-24-11, 08:55 AM
OK, what does PDQ mean these days? Where I'm from, PDQ stands for "pretty damned quick" and I had a really good answer for you!

Honey, go talk to a Recruiter and see where you get. None of us know if you have a pretty good chance of anything. It's all on you.

LilRingo
07-24-11, 09:47 AM
OK, what does PDQ mean these days? Where I'm from, PDQ stands for "pretty damned quick" and I had a really good answer for you!
Didn't even think of that. Haha. PDQ = permanently disqualified.

Yonkers
07-24-11, 09:51 AM
PDQ = permanent disqualification... I'm 99% sure..

YLDNDN6
07-24-11, 09:53 PM
Here's the real dealio. Get yourself to a doctor and get some answers. This is your health you are talking about here, not some minor issue that could keep you from joining the service. What I have read about POS does not lead me to believe that it would be a serious condition, except that it would make it difficult for you to get pregnant (not a bad thing in the Corps' eyes, i would guess) and it could lead to diabetes and possibly heart disease, in your much later years. Just get yourself checked out. What if whatever you have isn't POS, but something different that may need immediate treatment? Or, nothing at all? See your doctor and get this checked out. Put your mind at rest on the issue and move on from there. End of dealio....Carry on.

Phantom Blooper
08-16-11, 05:58 PM
I asked the magic 8 ball if I was going to win the lottery today and it said most definitely so.

Then I asked if it was lying.....and it told me it couldn't predict right now.

So......my prediction is you have a 50/50 chance.....of being able to enlist.....but first things first....have your health checked out as a top priority.

Good luck!