PDA

View Full Version : Hello

DagoTyler
07-22-11, 11:53 AM
I was thinking of making an appointment with a recruiter today with out telling my family, i was just going to go in and take care of business. Is their anything i need to know when talking to a recruiter? Do i need to get what he says in writing? i dont care about the extra perks he throws at me as long as i get the basic stuff i would be promised to join the marines, a paycheck, GI bill, benifits. I dont think they would not give me the basic stuff but i dont know. Also, if i want my MOS to be infantry and he promises me that i can be infantry, will they change my MOS without telling me? The last thing i would want to do is spend the next four years doing a job i didn't sign up for.:no:

CplLakota
07-22-11, 12:31 PM
Dago you need to go fill out your profile. we need to know some background on you so we can help

Lisa 23
07-22-11, 12:33 PM
No profile, no answers...site rules, which can be found in the poolee and Ask A Marine foums.
And try doing a search on the site. This topic has come up before a few times.

SSgt Lamie
07-22-11, 01:52 PM
Your Recruiter will not put anything in writing for you when you come in a speak to him. Unlike other branches of service, the Marine Corps only makes one promise to you.

If you do what your Recruiter and Drill Instructors tell you and bust your hump 24/7, one day you may be able to earn the title Marine.

As far as jobs, if you want to be Infantry and that job is available for you, once you sign the statement of understanding for that job it is yours. If you job changes you will be the first to know about it because you need to sign a new statement of understanding.

DagoTyler
07-22-11, 03:34 PM
Oh sorry, i will fill out my profile. Anyways i called and talked to a recruiter and he said i cant join right now because i have my ged and i have get 15 college credits to be equal to a highschool diploma. Kind of sucks i was really excited to join, but i will get my college credits and join when i finish.

GreenRam
07-23-11, 10:33 PM
I went in, talked to and enlisted wihout my parents present. Infantry won't get you a bonus, so don't expect one. You get the job you want as long as it is available, just make sure you sign for it. And get out of the habit of saying "sorry".

GreenRam
07-23-11, 10:51 PM
Have a backup plan besides the marines too. Hate to kill our motivation but the allowance for recruiting people without a diploma isn't high. Your competitors with diplomas are more likely to be selected

CplLakota
07-23-11, 11:22 PM
Green Ram, If your going to go correcting poolees then Im going to respectfully ask you to capitalize Marines. Have some Pride brother.