PDA

View Full Version : Need someone to talk to

LoganC94
07-21-11, 10:42 PM
Alright, to start off I am 17 years old, and for as long as I can remember I wanted to be a marine. I am about to be a senior in highschool and it all kind of hit me. What the heck do I do. I started trying to get myself into physical shape as I am slightly chubby. I have been trying to do as much upperbody and cardio as I can. I run at a slow pace for 1.5 miles, then the next day 1 mile as fast as I can. Is there a way I can better my exercises ? Also I do not know exactly want I want to do, things that interest me are Special Forces anything, and being a sniper. After the marines I would like to see myself as working for Xe or some contracting company because things about Blackwater always interested me. Would obtaining a degree in something such as French, Italian or any other language help me? I would really like to go to college with my friends after high school, and I always saw myself as immediately joining the Marines. If someone could talk to me via PM or something I would very much appreciate it. Please do not bash me for having foolish dreams or something, I am looking to talk to someone who can tell me what are some of my false thinkings or something. Sorry for the run on sentences and stuff I just am feeling like all this is just over whelming to me

thewookie
07-21-11, 10:43 PM
troll

LoganC94
07-21-11, 10:56 PM
What?

LoganC94
07-21-11, 10:59 PM
I honestly thought this would be a good website to help me answer alot of questions. I guess I found the wrong place, Thank you for the warm welcome.

DanM
07-21-11, 11:08 PM
No profile,NO HELP.Read the rules.

LoganC94
07-21-11, 11:23 PM
Alright Ill fix it, someone could have kindly said that instead of jumping down my throat.

Quinbo
07-21-11, 11:28 PM
http://friends.timway.com/photos/Eddielwy/fat%20kid12.jpg

thewookie
07-21-11, 11:44 PM
I didn't even have to look to see if a profile was filled out. :)

All that gibberish about this and that but no profile. Like I said. :devious:

Thanks for the laugh, Bulkyker - that is what I picture, or some bored leatherhead on duty. ;)

LoganC94
07-22-11, 12:04 AM
Thanks for the great support! As well as the self esteem boost! This website will definitely be recommended to all my friends!

thewookie
07-22-11, 12:54 AM
Thanks for the great support! As well as the self esteem boost! This website will definitely be recommended to all my friends!

Roger, that :cool: Good luck.

Tennessee Top
07-22-11, 01:25 AM
Don't you have a dad, uncle, or some other father-figure who may have served in the military you can sit down with and discuss your feelings/goals?

Most highschools have guidance counselors you can talk to also.

As a senior, you should be able to talk to your local recruiter.

Point is, you have many resources available to you right there in your hometown if you'll just utilize them. Show some initiative (one of the leadership traits of Marines) and find out some of this stuff on your own. Then, if you have more specific questions, maybe we can help you out (we are not professional counselors however and cannot help you with your thinking or feelings).

sparkie
07-23-11, 07:24 PM
Logan, If you give up for bein stepped on a bit than go away. this Marine site is a bit 'Marine'. If you need a friend to help a bit with some shet, I'm here,,,,,,,, IF you can hack. I don't mind ignorance in the young. Arrogance I hate.

m14ed
07-23-11, 11:01 PM
Alright Ill fix it, someone could have kindly said that instead of jumping down my throat.

It's past midnight and your profile is still not completed.
Read the site rules
IF you leave it blank, some of us in here will wait untill they
serve IceWater in Hell before we'll answer a blank friggin profile

"Thats the way it is in the big world"
Take the hint, or like you said
Wise up and Screw.

troll~

Marine1011
07-24-11, 07:33 AM
adios, logan

advanced
07-24-11, 08:17 AM

These kids come on a Marine site and when they are spoken to by Marines they get their little feelings hurt. Welcome to the real world kid.

Mongoose
07-24-11, 09:36 AM
I remember when I was ready. I called the M.C. recruiter in Dallas on the phone. The only thing I asked him was, how soon can I get in? I was standing on the yellow footprints two days later.

Carpshooter
07-24-11, 11:56 AM
Oncer again I want to thankyou all for your support and getting on the keyboards that you all carry around for times like this !:D

Platoon , dismiss !:iwo:

osborned
07-24-11, 05:00 PM
It sounds like the best thing you could do is head to your local recruiter. Not only will they try to find a job in the Corps for you, their shops usually run a PT event every other day or so for their poolees. Don't get me wrong, their job is to sell you on why you should join up, not necessarily do you favors. However if you're honest and put out your best effort for them you'll get the help you need to get started.

Phantom Blooper
07-24-11, 09:25 PM
You can PM me.....

You might not get what you want...or hear what you want to hear.....

If you have the intestinal fortitude...groin muscles and self motivation...I am willing to try....it's your call and your game....I already have my title....so now the ball is in YOUR court....

Or sit on da' bench!

NiteStryker
07-25-11, 09:36 AM
These kids come on a Marine site and when they are spoken to by Marines they get their little feelings hurt. Welcome to the real world kid.

Way to maintain a professional image and demeanor. A new guy comes up and wants to talk, and you all **** on him, and then say "Its what Marines do".

Just a great, great job there. Thats why people hate us and think of Marines as condescending adam henrys.

advanced
07-25-11, 09:58 AM
Way to maintain a professional image and demeanor. A new guy comes up and wants to talk, and you all **** on him, and then say "Its what Marines do".

Just a great, great job there. Thats why people hate us and think of Marines as condescending adam henrys.

The Marine Corps I was in did not coddle fng's, we actually avoided them. Bad karma to get close to those who are about to die. Out of curiosity, who the hell made you the champion of the downtrodden and the underprivileged?

if people hate the MC today I would suggest that's on the shoulders of those we left the MC to, but of course why would you take any responsibility for that seeing as how you know it all.

My Marine Corps was both respected and feared. By both the enemy and by us Marines. You might wish to remember that choirboy.

You are now Dismissed.

Mongoose
07-25-11, 10:11 AM

You left Korea out of all those great wars you fought in, on your profile.

advanced
07-25-11, 10:15 AM

Where's that choirboy when you need him? One more thing, my earlier post which you took totally out of context, was in response to logan's sarcasm and cry-babying. Anyone needing a self esteem boost does not need to become a Marine, not a judgement simply a fact. I know, it can be done - look at you, but the truth is it should not be done.

advanced
07-25-11, 10:21 AM

Better be careful there Billy. Sounds like the boot has so much time in the saddle he could do us all. And if you talk to Fist before I do you might remind him that if he says "cocked, locked and ready to rock" some of these new guys might get the wrong impression and want to befriend him.

DrZ
07-25-11, 10:33 AM
Logan,
This is how LN.com works. You join, you fill out your profile, you ask questions. You are not the first nor will you be the last who gets blasted for not having a profile filled out. We will answer your questions but we like to know who the devil we are talking with. Way too many people join just to cause issues and we are tired of these people.

If you want your question answered...follow the rules. If this is too hard on you or you feel you don't need to follow the rules here.... perhaps you shouldn't even consider the Marines for a career path. The Marine Corps will be much harder on your then anyone here at LN will ever be.

chulaivet1966
07-25-11, 10:34 AM

Might as well add the Cuban Crisis too.

Nitestryker....if a new kid read your profile would he think you know the
"Way to maintain a professional image and demeanor"?
Knowing what I think is irrelevant in the world but one's profile (seriousness/truthfulness) determines whether I contribute with some help or not.
I am frequently disappointed that many think one's 'profile' is a place to be sarcastic and try to appear witty or funny.

That my take....back to topic.

AKA HITMAN
07-25-11, 10:35 AM
Nap passes to be handed out @1100 hours gentlemen...

Sgt Leprechaun
07-27-11, 07:28 PM
1: Fake profile crap gets you booted.

2: Failing to follow SIMPLE site rules and regulations, including where you may post, capitalization of "Marine", and lacking a profile will get you spoken to harshly. Deal with it.

3: Responding with snarky commentary because of said harsh words, to Marines, will get you quickly BANNED from our little sandbox. I don't care WHO you are or what your hopes, dreams, and desires might or may be. Rules are rules. They are for EVERYone.

4: Moved to the proper area.

Carry on.

chulaivet1966
07-27-11, 07:39 PM
1: Fake profile crap gets you booted.

2: Failing to follow SIMPLE site rules and regulations, including where you may post, capitalization of "Marine", and lacking a profile will get you spoken to harshly. Deal with it.

3: Responding with snarky commentary because of said harsh words, to Marines, will get you quickly BANNED from our little sandbox. I don't care WHO you are or what your hopes, dreams, and desires might or may be. Rules are rules. They are for EVERYone.

4: Moved to the proper area.

Carry on.

"Hail Leprechaunus".....welcome back.

Whew...don't know where they've been coming from.
Frankly, I don't know how you do this job....but I'm glad you do.

Carry on....