PDA

View Full Version : Medically Seperated

jjdebo
07-21-11, 08:00 PM
I am currently on limited duty, due to a herniated disk that is torn in the center which is hitting both nurves on both sides of my spine. The nurve is causing a sharp pain to shoot down my left leg into my foot, which makes my foot tingle and my toes numb. I am also being seen for TBI, PTSD, tinnitus, etc. If I were to go up on a medical board does anyone have a shot in the ball park idea of the percentage of disabilty I would recieve?

Parks
07-21-11, 08:10 PM
Only the PEB can determine your percentage. And they may not even separate you. I had to call a Gunny today and inform him that the PEB found him "fit for duty". He wasn't happy at all.

By the way, you have "nerves", not "nurves". ;)

- Admin Seps Marine

Phantom Blooper
07-21-11, 08:27 PM
What you were told by Parks is the scoop.....

Here is an Army website.....it is pretty much the same process with a naval PEB

http://www.pdhealth.mil/downloads/Army_Physical_Disability_Evaluation_System_(APDES) .pdf

It will explain the process....but not the determination.

A medical doctor/officer has to put you in for the PEB and there is no guarantee.

jjdebo
07-21-11, 08:40 PM
Are these diagnosis atleast usually passed or accepted by the boards

Parks
07-21-11, 08:44 PM
Again, every Marine's situation is different. I can't give you a YES or NO because the PEB will look at your individual medical record, your doctor's recommendations and notes, guidelines given to them by the Navy, as well as use their own opinion.

Phantom Blooper
07-21-11, 08:52 PM
There is a young Marine on here...his postings are in either the medical threads or the VA thread with TBI and PTSD amongst other medical issues.

He was separated....it is on an individual basis and the recommendation of the medical officer....there are also allot of factors....

Is it permanent?

Can you still perform your job....or be retrained in another?

Will the individual recover?

Will he need aid and assistance?

Can he/she be rehabilitated?

Amongst a whole list of other...the only one that can really give you the true scoop is a medical PEB.....

I can say the ifs and if nots....but you will have to go through the process to see if your injuries/disabilities are severe enough for medical separation or retirement