PDA

View Full Version : Jobs after USMC

will1226
07-21-11, 03:54 PM
When a Marine leaves the corps without a college degree, what job opportunities are available to that Marine? I need to have a plan for the future once I am done serving my time in the Marines. I am worried about what type of job I can get when I am done. I am not asking what I should do when I am done, but what can I do?

rufus1
07-21-11, 05:27 PM
I worked in the Prison system for 27 years. It is not an easy job but it is there in good times and even better when times get tough like they are now. There is no shortage of prisoners in good or bad times. There is a lot of mental head games they want to play and sometimes it gets down right physical. There is a lot of people get out of the military or even retire and go into Corrections. GOOD LUCK. The world is out there and choose something you like to do because it makes a job a whole lot easier. They are always Federal jobs that go along with your MOS etc. I wish I had went over into the Federal instead of the state level of prisons. They have rework plants for all the aircraft, weapons etc.etc.etc. that is good to go into.

Old Marine
07-21-11, 05:52 PM
You can do what ever your little heart wants to do. There is nothing that a Marine cannot do. The quicker you learn that the better off you will be.:evilgrin:

Phantom Blooper
07-21-11, 06:02 PM
Anything.........

will1226
07-21-11, 06:23 PM
Oh, I thought in order to go into something like DEA or any other law enforcement you need to have a college degree. If I were in the infantry, would that be any help when it comes to getting in the DEA or FBI r something along those lines?

DanM
07-21-11, 06:57 PM
There is a wide variety of educational opportunities while on active duty,Google works in most cases. "
Marine Corps Education Programs"

Try the links,etc. on the military dot com site.

will1226
07-21-11, 07:21 PM
Thanks DanM

Old Marine
07-21-11, 07:44 PM
Anything.........

Anything.:evilgrin:

SGTLyonsJF
07-21-11, 08:02 PM
You can do what ever your little heart wants to do. There is nothing that a Marine cannot do. The quicker you learn that the better off you will be.:evilgrin:
My thoughts as well. :flag:

Tennessee Top
07-21-11, 08:14 PM
You do have to have a college degree to be a FBI agent. Not sure about DEA. Those places have websites you can visit and search for the job qualifications.

allengreen65
07-21-11, 08:15 PM
Speaking of jobs, I'm sure a lot of you guys out there either own a business or know someone who does, we should start a thread on here where jobs and locations can be posted to help Marines find employment. I know I could use a job. I'm in central Florida and things are tough here.:usmc::thumbup:

GreenRam
07-23-11, 07:16 PM
Anything is possible. A lot of guys I know get out and go into law enforcement. Marines are among the preferred hiring group for LE. That's what I too an looking at doing.

Don't be afraid to take advantage of college opportunities while you're in too. Im working on finishing my associates degree from an accredited online school. Same degree and credentials as a actual campus. Military has some excellent benefits if you know how to use them. Its a competitive world out there, mind you.

m14ed
07-23-11, 10:33 PM
Oh, I thought in order to go into something like DEA or any other law enforcement you need to have a college degree. If I were in the infantry, would that be any help when it comes to getting in the DEA or FBI r something along those lines?

The problem seems to be, you dont want to do any thinking on your own. Typical for you I bet... Most likely you asked to copy your friends homework because you were "TOO BUSY" to do your own when you were still in highschool ????

Get off your ass and catch on to what life is about .

will1226
07-23-11, 10:52 PM
The problem seems to be, you dont want to do any thinking on your own. Typical for you I bet... Most likely you asked to copy your friends homework because you were "TOO BUSY" to do your own when you were still in highschool ????

Get off your ass and catch on to what life is about .

What is that about? First off, I don't copy homework, ever. Second, I am asking this because I want to go in infantry or possibly even artillery and I am curious what MOS would help me in the future, after the Marines. My question to you is what made you respond so negatively? I am on this website to prepare myself for the future. What part of my question made it sound like I am a lazy high schooler who copys homework??

m14ed
09-19-11, 03:37 AM
You know, at the time i said this . I probibly ment that you should actually start thinking on your own. You know,, for yourself.
Have you ever seen a "PLAN AHEAd" sign ?
your brain and body work better when you use it .
Don't ask us what we think you can or should do ,

Somebody might need to wake you up.