PDA

View Full Version : Any Ideas??? Please read.

ReadyforMCRDPI
07-21-11, 02:40 AM
Hello Marines, please take a second to give me some advice.

I have already tried joining before and didnt qualify, but i wasnt disqualified. I made it to MEPS, and accidentally answered a question wrong on a paper. I was being rushed and told to answer certain questions yes and no, and accidentally messed up. I answered yes on a question asking if i stayed overnight at a hospital, which i have not, and no record showing so. Before being sworn in, i was told i lied on a paper and to get a waiver from my doctor. I was diagnosed with a paracardial effusion, its a chest virus, and it can be minor (small chest pains, only lasted a few days with me) to very severe. I only had a few days of pain and went to hospital for a few visits and checked up. Doctor told me the virus is clear and he will sign off for me to join the corps. Also, doctors prescribed me with a inhaler which i did not use.

My only question is. I have a best friend marine, and a fellow friend gunny both telling me to NOT say anything next time i try enlisting and dont mention anything about medical history so i can get in. And to be honest, im in perfect shape. What should i do? I am already gettin my tattoo removed on my arm by a laser surgeon so i can join, that would have been only thing holding me up. Please help me and give me some advice.

Lisa 23
07-21-11, 07:07 AM
No profile, no answers....site rules, which can be found in the poolee and Ask A Marine forums.

Lying = fradulent enlistment.....plain and simple.

Yonkers
07-21-11, 07:58 AM
Honestly... I'm not saying the right thing to do is lie or hold back information.... but I know a LOT of Marines who got in with secrets a lot worse then yours... as long as it doesn't effect your duties and your ability to serve your country effectively then there shouldn't be a problem... at least that's the way I'd rationalize it.

Good luck to ya, trust me, I know EXACTLY the messed up ways of MEPS.. I had to go up there 3 or 4 times because of their little games.

ReadyforMCRDPI
07-21-11, 05:01 PM
See, I'm afraid the meps will hold my past against me. Ive always wanted to be a Marine
I do not want in any other service. I even got in the local paper twice about removing my tattoo on my arm strictly for joining the marines. But was told id have better chance not telling medical history than being waivered in

Old Marine
07-21-11, 05:46 PM
Do what your heart tells you to do, simple as that.:evilgrin:

GreenRam
07-24-11, 02:59 AM
Obviously your screenname is inaccurate. Enough said. Thank you, come again.

DIMAS86
07-24-11, 03:05 AM
couldnt agree more with GreenRam. please dont polute our Corps and **** off. Ive seen a surge of your kind in the past few years and it sickins me.

YLDNDN6
07-24-11, 10:07 PM
You are coming here asking if you should cheat your way into our beloved Corps. Not cool. I will be as diplomatic as possible with my answer. A lie of omission is still a lie. It is unfortunate that you allowed yourself to be rushed into making a mistake at MEPS, but, it was YOUR mistake. Own your mistake, for not doing so shows your true character. The world is full of people who do half-azzed jobs and give as little as possible and get by with lies and inconsistencies. The Marine Corps is not looking for those people. Do the honorable thing and tell everything. Get your waivers and move on. Enough said....Carry on.

Mxzero
07-24-11, 11:11 PM
So, you're starting to use half truths, lies and straight up BS to get where you need to in the world. Sweet! Welcome to the real world. Get a head start now! If you really wanna do it, then don't tell them anything. If it isn't a problem that's gonna affect you later down the road, no reason to worry about it.

Tennessee Top
07-25-11, 12:49 AM
One of our leadership traits is integrity (doing the right thing when nobody is looking or is not the popular thing to do). You figure it out...do you have integrity or don't you? If the answer is no then we defenitely don't have a spot for you...check out the Army or Air Force.

chulaivet1966
07-25-11, 09:34 AM
One of our leadership traits is integrity

Operative word for you adhere to for the rest of your life.
I've believe I've seen some here on similar posts advise other than being totally honest.

Well....I disagree...do not lie about anything.
It's a bad habit to incorporate into your personal motives as you enter life's path.

That's my take on it.......carry on.

ReadyforMCRDPI
07-28-11, 01:34 AM
To be honest, not all marines are totally honest like you think, most of the people i asked, about 40 marines, all told me to not tell the recruiters about my medical history, INCLUDING SDI's, and Ssgts. so, sorry dudley do-rights, im just asking for opinions, believe me, i do wanna tell them about my history so it dont come back on me, but however, i do wanna do something that will make me a better person. Im just saying, ive been told by all of them, that if my medical history is not affecting me now, dont bother saying anything about it, mainly because if it isnt affecting me now, it wont affect my duty in and after bootcamp. thats all.

DanM
07-28-11, 03:20 AM
To be honest, not all marines are totally honest like you think, most of the people i asked, about 40 marines, all told me to not tell the recruiters about my medical history, INCLUDING SDI's, and Ssgts. so, sorry dudley do-rights, im just asking for opinions, believe me, i do wanna tell them about my history so it dont come back on me, but however, i do wanna do something that will make me a better person. Im just saying, ive been told by all of them, that if my medical history is not affecting me now, dont bother saying anything about it, mainly because if it isnt affecting me now, it wont affect my duty in and after bootcamp. thats all.

Simple answer,lie about your health history and die in the field because the Corpsman doesn't know what is wrong with you.

Lisa 23
07-28-11, 07:41 AM

I'd watch your tone their young man. They've EARNED the right to be called Marines, not no dudley do-rights.

Tell the truth...so it may take you a bit longer to get into the Marine Corps.
Lie....and get busted for fraudulent enlistment, and you would "never, ever" be allowed in any branch of the military....period!!!

One should NEVER lie when it comes to your health. Like DamM posted......"Simple answer, lie about your health history and die in the field because the Corpsman doesn't know what is wrong with you."

It's nice to know that lying is more important to you than your own health, especially when it comes to the heart.

thewookie
07-28-11, 08:00 AM
Honestly... I'm not saying the right thing to do is lie or hold back information.... but I know a LOT of Marines who got in with secrets a lot worse then yours... as long as it doesn't effect your duties

What he said. How bad do you want it.