PDA

View Full Version : After Boot Camp can I apply for PCL while I'm in college?

SPhiladelphia
07-20-11, 03:18 PM
My shipping date for Boot Camp as a reservist is somewhere in May 2012. When I attend Boot Camp, I'll be finished my freshmen year in college. I'm probably going to skip the first semester of sophomore year due to MOS school. I was wondering can I apply to the PCL after boot camp and finish my MOS school in the summers? Is there any program where I can become an officer after I finish college with a bachelor? I've searched the forum but haven't found a thread about this. Thanks!

iamspartacus
07-20-11, 03:29 PM
I'm totally confused by what you're asking. But why not just forget about enlisting, finish college, then go to OCS? Do ROTC or something? I know, I know. You want to be a Marine NOW. Well, if you can completely focus on college you can knock it out early if you're willing to work that hard.

03Mike
07-20-11, 03:49 PM
I was wondering can I apply to the PCL after boot camp and finish my MOS school in the summers? Is there any program where I can become an officer after I finish college with a bachelor?

Simple answer - yes.

A lot of college students follow the same route - some make it through OCS, some do not.

I suggest that you talk to an OSO now, long before you ship to MCRD.