PDA

View Full Version : MCC Code Help

Nayo
07-20-11, 02:42 PM
Good morning Marines,
I'm currently in "C" school at MCAS Camp Pendleton as a helicopter mechanic. I had heard some rumors about our orders getting posted to our MOLs. I decided to check it out and to my surprise, it turns out that they had been posted. I received the MCC code "S6C". With a little bit of investigation, I found out that that particular MCC code belongs to a reserve squadron in New Orleans. The only problem is that I'm Active Duty. Does anybody have an idea of what could be going on?

(I'm currently a PFC. My profile still reads as Poolee, being that I don't get on very much anymore)

Semper Fi Marines.

iamspartacus
07-20-11, 03:00 PM
It does seem weird they would send you to a reserve unit for your first duty station, but some active Marines do get attached with them. Although they're usually senior NCOs and SNCOs just to keep things running during the month while there aren't any reservists around. I'd ask your instructor.

SSgt Lamie
07-20-11, 03:34 PM
I wouldn't stress it too much. When I was stationed in Beaufort SC one of the LCpl's who worked for me received orders to the same place. It happens.