PDA

View Full Version : Headed to ROTC.

ptwasmadeforme
07-19-11, 11:28 PM
Hi, I just want to ask around the forum if anyone knows anything about the NROTC lifestyle and it's pro's and con's. I am headed to the University of Oklahoma on a full ride Marine Corp scholarship. I think it's important to note that I am going Marine option in the NROTC program. Also I did enlist and swear into the United States Marine Corp. My original ship date was 20110623 to MCRD San Diego. However due to the fact that I was awarded the scholarship from headquarters Marine Corp, my enlistment was scratched and I was ordered to report to the NROTC unit at OU on the 15th of August. I was wondering if anyone could give me any information about Marine Corp option in NROTC and the reserve officer training corp in general.

Thanks for reading.

PNW2011
07-20-11, 01:49 AM
I don't know much about it, but if you've got a full ride, good for you man. The wait might suck but it will be worth it.

93Reaper
07-20-11, 06:55 AM
I heard the first two years suck, but after the first semester you can kind of relax about everything.

Lisa 23
07-20-11, 07:26 AM
ptwasmadeforme....It's spelled out all over this site.
Learn how to spell Marine Corps the right way!!! <SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_791507", true); </SCRIPT>

ptwasmadeforme
07-20-11, 10:26 AM
I apologize, my iPhone's autocorrect makes it Corp and not Corps.

Crusader0451
07-20-11, 08:12 PM
Hey man, thats cool. I'm taking an Army ROTC class at TCU for the semester before I ship. I'm thinking/wondering about NROTC while I'm a reservist but I haven't looked into it.

Buhler
07-22-11, 05:32 AM
I've got a close friend in NROTC at rensellaer polytechnic in troy, NY and from what he says its pretty cool. He just returned (or is returning) from a CONUS mobilization where you go out on a ship for a few weeks out of the summer. The rest pretty much seems like college with some PT, drill and ceremony and educational stuff thrown in. You do however get to work with Marine Corps drill instructors, which is cool in of itself.