PDA

View Full Version : Global Billets Question

EastofWest18
07-19-11, 09:47 PM
Good evening Marines,

First, thank you to the Moderator who upgraded me from Poolee to Marine, I appreciate how quickly you got that done for me.

Now on to my question, I am a reservist (in the 06 field) Lance Corporal. I was wondering how hard it is to get picked for the positions listed in the Global Billets ( http://www.marines.mil/unit/marforres/MFRHQ/G1/Operations/Sourcing/GlobalBillets.aspx#MFR_Banner ). I am particularly interested in the ones regarding 1 MEF. And yes, I have permission from my chain of command to apply and they looked over my RQS for me.

If anyone here has experience with this I would appreciate an open answer or PM, and if you do give an open answer I may ask to PM you with more specifics.

Semper Fi,
EastofWest18

hussaf
07-19-11, 11:14 PM
Hey man, you can get recommendations here, but you really need to get with your moderator or CRS to see what's available. Sounds like you should try to join the IMA program. You have your unit's blessing and you know what an RQS is, so that's a good start. On the down side, I'm not sure how many billets are available for E3s...though they are usually +/- a rank. Have you checked Manpower yet?